Mid 40's, always been a social drinker.  Last yer creeped up due to stress to 3-4 drinks 4-5 nights per week.  Then came the xmas holiday/New Years, a 2week trip to Hawaii followed by a weekend bender in Vegas with college lads.  That last two months I prob drank most days.  5 drinks per day.  The vegas trip was 3 days of serious all day drinking at the pool and night clubs.  Came home and had a 2day hangover....really in retrospect was mild WD.  Tachycardia and insomnia for two nights.  Went booze free for 10days, then over an all day cookout probably had 8 glasses of wine over 8 hours.  Next day slammed with WDs.  No warning.  Hit all of a sudden.  Tachycardia, insomnia, crazy anxiety, Severe dizziness.  Cold turkey and 3 days from hell and about 14 till felt close to normal.  

I had no booze for a month.  Then had 2 glasses of wine 2 nights in a row then on the third night had 5 glasses(saturday).  ON Monday was hit again.  Not as severe or intense the first week.  Kept working , but this time had about 6 weeks of not feeling well. Dizzy and severe anxiety. 

Its been 5 months now.  Wondering if I can drink socially without having WDs.  Many may chime in and say 1 becomes many etc etc.  Thats not what I am asking.  I realized what caused my drinking to escalate over those 2 months and have resolved those issues.  I feel calm and relaxin in life, have a great job family, and workout daily. I'm wondering if I will get WD symptoms again after relative little amounts of alcohol...

Thanks. 

ScottyH Did you take that drink? If so did you suffer again?

Nope. Gonna giver a go till New Years. Cooked some shrimp scampi w a Chardonnay last night and wife had the rest of the wine. No desire to risk that feeling of c**p again right now. From what I've found a lot of folks get the return of their symptoms on minimal amounts of alcohol. Kindling or whatever. But def a different pathway/response. Have had many trips to Vegas in the past where we drank all day and eve for days with no real bad symptoms other than a one day hangover.

Also. For all the folks who have had benzo WD. Most get the return of WD symptoms after a few drinks. So, it's an experiment I'm. It willing to try right now. I run an extremely successful business w 40 employees and have a great family home etc. not worth the risk.
I'll update the post around the 4th of July.

I'm glad to hear that you swerved the idea of testing the 'water' well done you. I sometimes get the idea that it would be good to see if I could drink again. Then I think to myself, Swerve. Thanks for responding.