Hi, I have hypogammaglobulinaemia, meaning that my serum IgG levels are low. I am very concerned because any dysfunction of immune system usually is connected to serious disease. What does it mean to have IgG deficiency?

Hypogammaglobulinaemia may be primary or secondary. B and T cells are responsible for specific immunity, they produce antibodies which are targeting specific enemy. immunodeficiency in which production of antibodies is decreased leads to hypogammaglobulinemia. IgG is one of five sorts of antibodies. IgG is important in the secondary antibody responses or immune memory. IgG protects tissues from bacteria, viruses, and toxins. There can be deficiency of IgG alone with normal levels of IgA, IgM, IgD, and IgE or combined IgG deficiency and inadequate levels of other immunoglobulin isotypes. Any of these conditions needs to be further investigated.