Hello. I’m 23 years old male.
My stomach is constantly hard and distended.
It gets worse after eating. I know that my eating habits didn’t changed but in spike of that-it seams to me that I gained some weigh.
I don’t know what could be the cause of my distention.
I thought it is from my big body mass but even after I loose some weigh-the symptoms stayed the same.
If there is anyone who has experienced similar side effects I could need a help.
Thanks.

Hello. I have also suffered from a same symptoms like you and I will try to describe you how did I solve my problems. First of all-I immediately went to see a doctor.
I went to some examinations like gastroscopy and endoscopy and doctor establish me a diagnose-peptic ulcer.
Quick and painless. The commonest cause of this is probably just some temporary digestive disturbance such as ulcers, gastritis and esophagitis.
This is easily treated but if it’s discovered in time.
There are many complications and because of that-you don’t have much time to loose.
Consider your doctor and schedule your self an examination.
It is a but unpleasant examination but it is worthed and it can save your life.

Hi guys. I strongly advise that you go and see a specialist about your problem because it doesn't seem like an ordinary thing. You should run some tests. Firstly stool examination, also checking for occult blood. Also, there is blood test to examine for particular diseases. It can be something harmless but also it can be an anomaly so I strongly suggest you that you go and see someone professional about this as soon as possible. By no means necessary, you could end up with variety of diseases if you give it time because distended stomach can be very dangerous. 

i to have the same problem i have had test done i am thin but my stomach makes me look like am 9 months pregnent.
this has been on going for over 1 year. ct scans ,mris,ect still no one can find any thing? its is some times painful i have been to they emergency room 3 times in 6 mo can not find any reason got an answer?

FOR 2 YEARS I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH A DISTENDED STOMACH WHEN IT IS REALLY ACTING UP IT CUTS EVERYTHING OFF SUCH AS I CAN NOT HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT, BURP OR PASS GAS. IT HAS BEEN SO TRAUMATIC A FEW TIMES I HAVE MISSED WORK AND BEEN TO THE EMERGENCY DEPT, MY FAMILY DR AND EVEN A GASTRO DR. I HAVE HAD EVERY TEST IMAGINABLE, MRI, CT SCANS, ENDOSCOPE, BARIUM X RAYS AND SOME I CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE I STILL HAVE NO DIAGNOSIS. WHEN IT IS REALLY BAD THERE IS SO MUCH PRESSURE ON MY STOMACH AND LUNGS I HAVE A HARD TIME BREATHING. I HAVE NOT GAINED ANY WEIGHT BUT MOST OF THE TIME MY CLOTHES DONT FIT RIGHT BECAUSE I LOOK 9 MONTHS PREGNANT. I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A DIAGNOSIS AND REMEDY. I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS FOREVER. IF ANY ONE CAN HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
THANK YOU

I hear you. I have had similar symptoms and I am miserable. I was first treated for a pylori h and given two rounds of antibiotics. I became very constipated to the point that i was having trouble breathing and had extrememly full pressure in my stomach. I was given laxatives and the "bowel kit." This didn't work. I have had a CT, ultrasound of stomach, gallbladder ultrasound, HB scan of gallbladder. They finally found that my gallbladder was not working like it should. So I had it removed. I am still having the same symptoms. I will have to make an appointment with a gastrointologist. I feel so disappointed because other than this I am a pretty healthy person. I don't go to the doctor very much until I started with these symptoms about 3 months ago. I have searched the internet and now I just don't know what to do.

I have been dealing with the same problems and after all the testing no one can tell me what is wrong or how to fix it i am trying a colon cleanse to see if that will regulate my system and fix the problem, it's worth a try if nothing eles has worked!

I have been suffering from the same extreme bloating where I look like I am carrying twins and am 9 months pregnant. It has been going on for about 3 years now and has progressively gotten worse. It is now to the point that if I don't eat it bloats, if I do eat even a SMALL amount it bloats and feels like I just ate a cow. It is very hard to swallow at times and food will come back up undigested. I too have had numerous tests and had about every diet, including journaling all food that I eat and how it reacted. At first I thought it was maybe a bread allergy, but within the last year it can happen after drinking water, eating a salad, or chewing gum. I actually have had better luck dealing with my Medical doc than with the "gastro specialists". They seem to want to dismiss me as a woman with menstrual bloating (even though it happens constantly). I have done a lot of research on my own and am now being tested for Gastroparesis. You might look at it on Mayo Clinic or just google it. I have not had weight loss instead weight gain, but the other symptoms are there. I have not tried a "full" colon cleanse, have tried some of the over counter ones... BEWARE what you try.. they help for a while but then it comes back with a vengance. Just please don't give up trying to find a cure or even a diagnosis. In the years I have been fighting this I have come across so many people with the same problems that have been dismissed or have just "decided to live with it" after numerous let downs. With this many people experiencing the same thing? It can't be all in our head! Good luck, please let me know if you find anything else.

Mine too is that way. It began this holiday season. Too much good food, too much late night eating and too much eating after a lot of alcohol. I shot up 15 pounds or so.

I'm in Australia and suffering the same problem. It started when I was trying a new anti-depressant and although I stopped that one, I still have the same problem.
It's very uncomfortable and sometimes quite painful.
For many years I suffered with bloating of the stomach and found that I have Celiac's Disease. This is nothing like Celiac's bloating!
I can't find a doctor who will listen to me either!
I hope we all find an answer soon.

Is there any doctor that will listen. I am so miserable I have even contemplated taking my own life. Like tonight I can't sleep. Too much pressure on my stomach and lungs. I have gained weight. I went from 188 to 227 in approximately 3 months. I was at the Doctors office last week and told him about my symptoms and weight gain and he said it is because I am feeling better, WHAT? This is my second doctor and there isn't much hope for me to go and see a third. I look sick contantly, and I am getting tired of everyone commenting that I look aweful. PLEASE HELP!

I have had the same problem for about 4 years now. I took Zelnorm for a few months and although it didn't cure the problem, it made me feel the best I've felt in years. Unfortunately they took it off the market shortly after I began taking it, and there is no replacement. My quality of life is next to nothing,and I have never been so depressed in my life. It is all I think about all day long, and I don't know what to do. Some days I just feel like staying in bed and crying. I'm a 22 year old girl and I can't do ANY of the normal things a girl my age would be doing. I can't plan anything in advance because I never know how I will feel. Even worse, I'm a fashion design student and I have to go to class every day in sweatpants and sweatshirts to hide my bloated belly.
I wish someone could help, this has ruined my life.

From my experience, most western medicine seems to be unable to resolve stomach and digestive problems permanently. They cure the symptom temporarily but the problem returns.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

From my experience, most western medicine seems to be unable to resolve stomach and digestive problems permanently. They supress the symptom temporarily but the problem returns.

What works for me is Indian Ayuvedic medicine. It is called "Dasamoolarishtam". There are quite a few companies that make it, but in my experience the most effective one is made by "Arya Vaidya Sala" aryavaidyasala.com . You should find them in most Indian convenience stores. About 1oz of the after food, and you'll feel the difference in less than a week.
I eat out a lot so I keep a stock of this medicine. I got to say its really amazing stuff.

If your stomach is hard you are probably not assimilating food properly and need food enzymes.

Secondly, if you have stomach distention I recommend Psyllium Hulls if you don't have diverticulitus. You have the get the slug moving out and movement on an every day basis. It alot goes in and a little comes out ... well that should not be. Psyllium is loaded with fiber, which most of us don't get enough of and could be a large cause of these problems.