Hi guys,

I'm 13,male and I've had lumps right behind each nipple that hurt to touch. I've had them before but not as painful when i touch them. They were gone and came back, nothing comes out of them when i squeeze or just in general. I'm really concerned and i'm curious if it's just pueberty or something bad. Please reply to me because I really need some help on this!

Thank you so much!
:-)

It is sometimes normal for small lumps to occur in the nipples during puberty. However, nobody on here can see or feel them for ourselves so the best course of action is to see a doctor and get it checked out.

Most probably nothing but just for the peace of mind, get it checked out by a doctor.

Let us know how you get on :-)

I'm 13 too, I have the same trouble under my left nipple, I just took notice of the pain a month ago. I think its puberty, adolescence, which ever you want to call it. I thought about going to the doc but did research. This particular problem recedes with age, in other words, usually after exiting adolescence.

Yeh I would say you are right probably about 99% of the time, but I don't think its right for us on here to be diagnosing lumps that we can't see or feel for ourselves as the descriptions could be misunderstood etc.

So I'll stand by my opinion that it should be checked if your unsure.

I realize this is about a year later but I just wanted to let you guys know if you check back, or anyone else who comes here with the same problem, I am 32 and having the same problem. About 6 weeks ago a lump formed behind my right nipple. It grew to roughly the size of a golf ball, then receded in size slightly to about the diameter of a quarter but became clearly more dense. Shortly after it shrank it began to be painful to the touch and the pain has increased steadily since to a point now where I pretty usually feel it aching or, at times, throbbing also. Just recently the same has began happening behind my left nipple and it appears it will end up of similar size and has already started to become painful to the touch.

About 2 years ago I lost my health insurance as the company "scaled back" it's insurance enrollment size, so many of us found our selves with the same jobs and titles only we lost our salaries, some benefits, including health and dental, and took a sizeable cut in pay as we were placed on an hourly wage and overtime was strictly disallowed. We did however get to keep our Aflac, yippee! Of which I kept my Accidental and Long Term Illness coverages, niether of which does this fall under. (Before anyone says it too, COBRA is a sad cruel joke. They take your benefits, cut your pay, give you the same responsibilities and, in this case at least, actually increase your work load to compensate for the poor guys who were just out right laid off. Then tell you that you can choose to continue your coverage by law, you just have to pay 100% of the premium, thanks COBRA! Funny how the people in HR and Accounting and anyone who has a position above them never seem to have to absorb any of these kinds of losses though isn't it? And yes, I'm bitter.)

From what little research I've done, judging for myself knowing my own conditions, it may be something called Gynicomastia (or something), which is caused by hormones apparently. A year ago I was diagnosed with a Gallbladder issue, due to a gentic liver condition. Been able to control the liver problem mostly with diet and exercise but the 'ol GB is trashed apparently and needs to go. However this nor the "nippel cysts" are considered an "Emergency" condition. So essentially I have to wait for my GB condition to threaten my life or something to have it removed. Also, concerning the nippel lumps, I would have to pay my doctor to refer me to get a mammogram, then pay for the mammogram, and then that would have to be determined an "Emergency" to get any treatment. Of course all the while accruing massive bills for these "Emergency" procedures if they were performed and thus destroying my credit further (which is likely far beyond repair at this point from the original condition which brought me to the ER where in my liver and GB problems were discovered). Yay for capitalized health care!

Anyway, I got side tracked there, I've been prescribed a variety of medicines to try and maintain as best as is possible until the day when I may need the GB surgery in an "Emergency" capacity. My next step is to research those and see if any of them can cause drastic hormonal level changes.

P.S Since this is an anonymous forum I suppose I don't need to feel embarrassed about disclosing another condition as well that began at pretty much the same time, maybe 2-3 weeks prior actually. I have developed a SEVERE case of acne, and not just on my face, my Shoulders, Back and Chest as well. I've been able to get somewhat of a handle on it with dilligent washing of my face and use of more than a couple expensive facial cleansers, moisturizer, and treatments. It seems a bit more difficult to control on the other areas though because I can't wash them as often, a morning and also evening shower now is the best I can pull off but still fail to keep it controlled. It seems an easy assumption that this could be attributed to hormones as well. I've never in my life had a problem with acne, even in puberty, with just basic use of Dial soap and an astringent when neccessary. I would be interested to know from the two young gentlemen who have also posted with the nippel lump issue if they are also experiencing acne breakouts beyond the usual for their age.

Sorry so long by the way but I too am concerned and looking for any advice or clues as to what may actually be causing this and how severe it may be, even in an anecdotal sense. To those who have read all of this, whether you may or may not have any advice you'd care to share here, you have my thanks. And those searching the web with similar problems, you aren't alone Brother. Others with a similar condition should be aware that breast cancer is indeed possible in males also. Not intending to scare any of you but you should be aware. It occurs in a much smaller percentage in males than females but it is still reason enough to take lumps found on your chest seriously and have them checked out by a professional. I did at least go to an emergency room doctor to rule that out as well as he could without a reference for a mammogram from my General Practice Doctor. If you are completely uninsured like, true you may have to incur a rediculously large bill for a doc to essentially poke at the lump with his finger for his opinion, but, I at least, feel it is definitely worth it if that will give you peace of mind. Even if it doesn't give you peace of nipple ;-).

i have 604 nipples... is that part of puberty?

um... u got 604? i got...359840...dont know why? is it because i sleep too early?