hi i am a male of 16 years old and i discoverd about 2 years ago i had a lump underneath both my nipples i just left it but now i am curious and want to no wot it is

Hi, I saw this after I searched for lumps under nipples. I also have the same problem. About 2 years ago I felt 2 smalls lumps under both nipples. At first I wondered if they where either benine tumors or cancerous tumors. They could just be nothing, but I don't know. Over two years they did get a little bit bigger but stopped growing. They're still small, but my nipples seem to "stick out". It makes me unbelievably concoius of my appearance and makes me feel unable to take my t-shirt off in public.... (go swimming, when I race motocross I wont take my shirt off after the race wehn it's unbelievably hot). I'm now 18, soon to be 19 and I'm just now considering going to the doctors, but I'm worried about what it could be and I don't want anyone to find out, not even my family. Seeing as my mums boyfriend works in the hospital, if I have to have them removed he may find out.

What to do?!?!?!?

i am a 15 year old male... i also have lumps under my nipples for about a year now, they tend to be a bit painfull if they get hit... i am very embarrosed to take off my shirt in public, what is it? should i go to a doctors?

I'm 13, I have the same problem for bout 6 months now...( lump & pain & they stick out) I feel really imbarresed about it...

i had the same issue 1 years ago i was told after a few appoinment i had Gynecomastia which is esentialy somthing teenager go through allthough some do not come out of this stage of puberty its basically a excess of a predominently female hormone causing breast tidssue to form and in rarer cases lactation to begin (producing of milk)
i had surgery to correct this and was only left with 2 small elongated pale mole like scars (allthough this is due to me not doing as instructed and massaging the area post op)
My life was changed after my opperatoin and all though i still have larger areola (pink skin surrounding nipple) i have the optoin to have this reduced if i wish
~ i know this is an embarressing problem (especially the changing rooms in P.E,) but it is quite simple operatoin and is common thing but most people pay no attentoin to the issue

i suggest see you G.P. or make a doctors appointment tell everything they may either refer you onward
but dont exspect to get the opperatoin just like that cause if your in puberty they will want you to wait untill your 18 as there is a risk it may return or simple correct it self

None the less see a doctor if any thing for peace of mind

P.S. as i was lost in the system it took me 5 years in total for my situation to be resolved and the only reason i was treated at 16 was because i was already seeing a counceler for my bullying at school

P.P.S during the agonising wait for the operation i used the these tops that reduce the buldge of the breast tissue
all the big footballers use them and they dont over heat you in the summer most JJB and SPORTS WORLD stores stock them ask around
i definetly recomend the mallthough there a bit pricey !!!

i hope this helped but please dont assume this is the answer cause im not a doctor so please please go see one

Good luck

Robert Meredith

I TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM HAVE HAD THE LUMPS SINCE I WAS 13 AND I AM NOW 15 THEY HAVE ALSO GROWN IN SIZE AND MY NIPPLES TEND TO STICK OUT AND BE PUFFY THIS IS REALLY EMBARRASING CAUSE EVERY ONE SAYS YOU HAVE "b***h TITS" I JUST CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO GO AWAY THE ONE ON MY LEFT SIDE IS STILL SENSITIVE WHEN TOUCHED BUT MY RIGHT ONE ISN'T WILL IT GO AWAY?

see a doctor only he can tell you
i mean i had my opperation because as a result of bullying i was on the verge of suicide
it is technically plastic surgery but see your doctor and they can help

im 17 and have this problem. its something that happens to all teenagers. its just hormones nothing to worry about.

i have this problem so is it likely to go away later in life? im 13

The small lumps that you are referring to are actually small glands. They are nothing to worry about, but they also will be there for the rest of your life. It is not a big deal because everyone has them and you just happened to notice that they are there.

Do not worry about it though. You should be just fine.

I had the same problem under my right nipple, and saw the local doctor. Basically all she said backs up what others have commented on: most boys get it through puberty. About 2months after the appiontment it started to reduce ironically, and in 6 it has gone.

im 11 years old and i have the same problem but i haven't had them for long so my nipples don't tick out although they do a bit

I started noticing my nipples getting puffy around 11 years old, and around 12 I even realized that I could squeeze a clear fluid out of them sometimes. I became very self conscious as well, and still am now well into my 20's. I have noticed that working out and trying to get my fat level down has really helped, but they still stick out through my shirt and I hate the way it looks. I wear two shirts in the winter time, and in the hot summers I use these things called PecFix to hide my puffy nipples under my tee shirts. When I go to the beach and have to take my shirt off to go swimming, I will pinch my nipples first to make them hard - they look almost normal when hard and usually the water keeps them hard unless it is too warm. I hope this helps anyone who reads it. One day I will save up enough money to just get surgery like so many other guys have.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i was 12 when i found out i had lumps under my nipples and im 13 now my left one is bigger than my right i am verry imberrassed to take my shirt off :-( what should i do about it should i get it checked out ??????????????????

I am 16, and have this problem, but only with my right nipple. I went to a doctor as my mum thought it could have been a cancerous infection etc... turns out it was hormonal tissue or something like that. My doctor also said that it would go as I aged? But then on here some people have said it will stay. :\ Hmm.