So as it says, I'm 16 and I'm a virgin, I've engaged in sexual activities but never intercourse, and the last time I did anything sexual was September and I got my period in both September and October. So I've had my period for about 4 years, since I was 12, and in that time I've only ever missed one or two, and the last one that I missed was when I was about 14. I last had my period on Oct. 18, 2007 and have seen no signs of it, no spotting or anything, since then. Is this normal? I've heard that sometimes periods take years to stabilize but it's not like I only started getting my period a few months ago, I've had it for 4 1/2 years. I'm 5'9", 110 pounds, if that helps. Does anybody have any similar experiences and is this something to be worried about or fairly normal for teenagers? Do I need to change my diet, etc., any recommendations?

Thanks!

You *probably* just have an irregular cycle. This can happen for lots of reasons, such as stress, diet change, other lifestyle changes... hanging out with a new group of people, etc

I would however tell your doctor about it, since you should be getting regular periods since you've had your period for so long. You could maybe get on birth control, which helps regulate your cycle.