I'm sixteen years old and I haven't had my period for about 5-6 months..Now I'm unsure when I last had it..so it's been a long time and that scares me..It might be because when I started to not get it I quit a sport I'd been doing for years. but it hasn't come back at all. I was starting to get regular too..Somebody help! I keep asking my mom to make an appt. but she keeps putting it off..please somebody say this is normal.. :$

i have the same problem..and i kno im not prego and i dont know if its normal or not i want to find out also=(

Hi i have this. I remember i was on the begining of january 2008 cause i had just gone bak to school and then my period wasent until a week before prom which was june the 26th so thats like 6 months and no period. i was scared until my sister said that she didnt have a period for 4 months and thats pretty much her pattern and she has had 3 kids so its not like theres sank rong. and now my last period was august and havent had one since then and its 22nd november. so im guessing its just my pattern. my child deveopment teacher said everybodys different. but i hope this helps. charlie. x

well for some people it normal but for others it could be many many dif things like. have you had sex since your last period that your know of,and was it unprotected,as your mother if hers was like that,u could go get a home baby test from dollar general just to make sure your not ,it wouldnt have anytihng to do with the sport you quite.. and then again it could be stress,pressure it could be like that if you have had unprotected sex and it was your first time.. there just so many options... if you could kinda explaine alittle more like was it unprotected, how old are you,ask your mom if she had this problem or if anyone in the family has had periods liek this..

i am worried about the same problem right now. its 5 1/2 months that i dont have my period. i have gone to doctors for pregnancy test, and the result came in negative. they made some other test (i dont know what is it) and they say they didnt find anything. and they keep telling me that it might be just stress. i havent been stressed about anything for that long except that i havent had my period yet. i am worried that i may have ovarian cyst and im scared because my cousin's wife had one of those when she's around my age and now, she wasnt able to get pregnant... i do want to get pregnant someday but im worried right now that i may have cyst and the same thing happened to me

hi i'm to having the same problem, i got my period when i was 11. when i first got my period it was in the month of may or april it've been going on until july or august. i havent got my period for 6 months. im sure im NOT pregnant, but can have any help or answers to why this is happening?

The same thing happened to me. I'm not pregnant. And i went to the doctor. He said it was normal and that women used to only have one or two periods a year and its really nothing to worry about. I know its scary. I am sexually active and it freaks me out not knowing. the best you can do is always be prepared in case it sneaks up on you. and remember if theres a time you dont want it to come, thats when it will show up. don't worry. i am sure your fine.

i am 17 and i have not had a period since august or october of 2009 and i am worried too. mine i am sure is from stress though. Because around that time i was sneaking around behind my parents back with a boy. (i am a virgin i only kissed him) i got caught and it led to months of stress. the same boy committed suicide on december 12, 2009. i was loved him and it was a tremendous blow and hurt to find out about his death. so since then i have also gained at least 5lbs. so i was thinking mine is just stress and a chemical imbalance. my mum is taking me to the doctor in march.

Sooooo, im like one of you guys. Def havent had my period since december....and its NEVER been late. It scares me to death bc i want to have kids later. Ive already taken about 10 preg tests, one of which was done with blood work....every single one of them has come out negative. My doctor said it could be bc i got off the pill in november and my body is confused...said it could take 6 months to get it back and she got me back on the pills. Still havent had my period. Im very worried now. I would just like my period to go back to NORMAL.

I got my period last year and it got regular for a few months and then it didn't come for 3 months and I got worried. It came again, so I thought i was normal again. But now I have missed this month. I think I will tell my mum and might go to the doctors. but I don't want to go on birth control. But think about it, having a regular cycle of 3 months or so can be a good thing as you save money(on pads etc) and you aren't grumpy so often and don't get cramps as much too.

hey you guys im just lke you and im 16 years old i havnt been on ma period for 5-6 months but i dont think im pregnet well im pertty sure im not. right now i dont know whats going on right now but like im really scared!!!! I had my sister to make an appt but we havnt been able to get one. i have been lossing and gaining weight but it always stays beetween 135 to 142 pounds and i have been sleeping alot to. like when i get home i go strait to bed and i sleep for like 5 hours then i get up eat then i go back to bed. please somebody tell me whats wrong PLEASE.!.!.

I'm 15 and my period was just starting to get normal last year around september. I got it last may in 2010 and didnt get it again until November. but the only reason i got it in november was because i went on a pill that made it come. After i got it in november it came again in december. but it hasnt come since and i was supposed to get it like a month ago and i have absolutely no idea why its not coming.

anonymous wrote:

You usually don't get it for a few months after your first time. My friend got it at the exact same age as you, and she hasn't had it for about 4 months. With me it was only 2 months. It all depends on the person. You might get it 1 month after your first time, or you might even get it a year after your first time.

You're carrying the next baby Jesus honey!

Yeah, don't worry about it. I haven't had my period for about 3 months, I have NOT have sex, so I'm definitely not pregnant. I went on several websites about missing periods etc and LOADS of people have missed their periodds for 4 months, even 6 or 7 months. They get it back, and the rota carries on. Most people only start regulated periods about 2 or 3 years after they start. So don't worry (mine only started a year ago), and nag your mum to get an appointment just to check if there is any problem.