I've had a whistly kind of noise in my ear/ears for a while. Sometimes it's in both ears and sometimes only one. I go out to clubs but no more than the average student. I went to the doctor and they got the hospital to organise a n appointment to look at my ears but there is a big waiting list and it has taken a very long time. Could I REALLY have tinnitus? I thought only older people got it. I've also suffered from a feeling of pressure in my head which started at the same time. I went to the doctor about this too and was told it was just anxiety, which seems feasable as I was feeling anxious and experiencing panic attacks at the time.

Please answer. Thanks

Hi lalabelle,

Yes, you could really have tinnitus. Tinnitus is common and can occur at any age. Most people have an occasional episode of tinnitus after going to a load concert or disco. For most people, this is temporary and soon goes. Most people have persistent tinnitus that is mild and not very troublesome. A few people have tinnitus which persists most of the time, and severely affects their quality of life.

Unfortunately, there is no cure of tinnitus. If it is very persistent and bothersome, most people spend their lives by masking it with other noise (ex: music, TV ect....)