Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about Tinnitus. This past weekend, I went to one of the loudest clubs in my entire life, so much that my ears were almost physically hurting. Thankfully I didn't stay too long.

Of course, Tinnitus began right after leaving, and its been going on for the past 5 days now. I went to my GP to get my ears examined and he found out that my left ear's eardrum was pushed in because of the sound, touching the bones in my ear (Inverted Eardrum I think is the correct term) and my right ear has some inflammation.

Overall, I have bouts of sensitivity to sound, pressure and ear aches. My GP said that it would heal over time, just avoid the loud music for a while and let your ears heal. He said that I should take decongestants for now to deal with the pressure.

My question is, how long does it usually take for an eardrum to fix itself after being inverted and what and how exactly does the body go about and do this. Hopefully my inverted eardrum and inflammation is the cause of my Tinnitus, as I am not an avid club goer (I go about once a year) and don't usually deal with loud noise.

Thanks!