Hi! I have pulsatile tinnitus, a rhythmical noise with the same rate as the heart. Do you know what causes pulsatile tinnitus? What can be done about pulsatile tinnitus?

Hi! Pulsatile tinnitus is due to a change in blood flow in the vessels near the ear or to a change in awareness of that blood flow. Causes include vascular disorders: high blood pressure, abnormal placement of vessels within the middle ear, blood vessels which are abnormally narrow, aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations. Tumors in or near the ear that are highly vascular can be cause of pulsatile tinnitus. Middle ear inflammation due to acute or chronic infection or Eustachian tube dysfunction also can be cause of pulsatile tinnitus. If a specific cause is found this may point to a specific solution. High blood pressure can be treated with medication, when pressure is normal pulsatile tinnitus caused with high blood pressure will be gone. Also some techniques can be helpful. This includes techniques such as Tinnitus Retraining Therapy, counseling, sound therapy and relaxation therapy.

I recently, in the last couple of months, stopped my Prostatin. My nutritionist said it was bad for me. Bad side affects. I have been taking it for 5 years. I take a multi-vitamin, vitamin D, fish oil and fiber capsules. She said that a grapefruit a day could replace this, thus the reason that it says 'do not use grapefruit in your diet while on this medication'. I had also started Welbutrin for attention deficit. i stopped the Welbutrin because I didn't like the feeling. I can heart my heartbeat. Anything good going on?