Hi. I suffer from some weird symptoms, including hot flashes, headaches, sleeping problems, and vaginal dryness. Hot flashes are the worst. I am 26 years old. My mother has the same symptoms and she is in her menopause. She is 50 years old. Is it possible that I am in a menopause?

Hi. Yes, it is possible. Early, or premature menopause, occurs at the age of 20-40. Early menopause is the menopause which comes before the age of 45. It can occur as a natural process (premature ovarian failure). However, it is mostly the result of some other things, such as surgeries, radiation treatments, chemotherapies, family history and viral infections. However, you can have menopausal symptoms, but not the menopause itself. Some disorders, such as thyroid disease, hyperprolactinemia, pituitary disorder, Cushing`s disease, and PCOS can cause the same symptoms.