Hi, I have the most embarrassing problem. I can’t control my bowel movements. I don’t go anywhere anymore because I don’t know when to expect fecal to get out. I can’t talk with anyone I know about this, so please give me some advice on this matter! What medications could I use for fecal incontinence?

Hello, I know how you feel, because I suffer from this horrible condition too. I think that no one can really understand how difficult it is for us to cope with fecal incontinence. I don’t know about you, but I have a complete loss of bowel control. In my case, the cause of this is diarrhea. The other reasons for fecal incontinence could be muscle and nerve damage or constipation. I am using antidiarrheal medicines such as loperamide or diphenoxylate. They are helping by slowing down the bowel, but it isn’t enough. If you have constipation, use some laxatives to relieve the pain and the passage.