is this normal? How can you control it?

Fecal incontinence can occur after a surgery to treat hemorrhoids. This means that the muscle that controls bowels movements has been injured and you need professional help to repair things.

If there has been only mild damage, you may be able to avoid another surgery by physical therapy and biofeedback training to strengthen the anal sphincter again as well as pelvic floor muscles.

However, severe forms may require surgery to repair the muscle or even replace it.

It may happen that neither conservative treatment nor surgery can repair the anal muscle and a surgeon may decide to replace it by an artificial one. This is a new treatment for those who can’t get the muscle repaired.

There is no other way to control this disorder if injury occurred. I would advise you to see a doc to performed hemorrhoid surgery or maybe another one.

I had the SAME problem at the hospital and once home for 1 week. If finally stopped though. Is yours continuing? What it did to me was make ANOTHER HEMORROID!!!! :-( which I am very displesed and in excrutiaing pain! Dr. told me warm baths and my Darvocet. But it's been 2 weeks and I am still taking that stupid Darvocet every 4 hours, and tired of ALL this.

In the mid 90's I had one removed out patient in an office and didn't have nearly the trouble!!!!

I still am miserable with pain and itching. I also a "recto-cele at the same time though. (prolapse) surgery.

I had hemrroid surgery in May of 2007. To my knowledge, I thought I was getting 3 hemrroids removed, but painfully discoverd it was 5! The pain was excruciating! I suffered in pain for 5 weeks, unable to sit. But after the pain went away, I am left with a piece of skin that hangs out of my rectum, and I can no longer have a normal bowel movement like I once did. It seems as though, either my sphincster or muscle has scar tissue or something. Because though my stomach is telling me I need to go, my rectal area is not responding to it. I have to push with all my might to release some, but not all! Has anyone else had this problem? I feel like I am so broken and I can't fully empty myself. This scares me, because fecal matter that sits in your intestines can form to cancer. Help, someone!