Hi, my mother is 61 years old, and she has overactive bladder. She has sudden and unstoppable need to urinate, and sometimes she cant control it. What could be done?

Hi, my mother has the same condition. She had the first symptoms of overactive bladder two years ago, and that’s when she was diagnosed. Many people have this condition, especially older ones. It can be very inconvenient, especially if they don’t have a toilet around. Overactive bladder is unstoppable urge to urinate, and it can lead to psychological, physical, domestic, occupational and sexual problems. My mother is not that old, and she is willing to try everything to treat this condition. There are Kegel exercises, biofeedback, vaginal weight training, pelvic floor electrical stimulation, behavioral therapies and medications for overactive bladder. A doctor recommended her companied therapy, which includes Kegel exercises, that should be performed 30-80 times daily for at least 8 weeks, and estrogen.