Hello! A couple months ago I got a surface piercing in my tongue (scoop) and I had to take it out because my mom didn't like it. Everything was fine with it no infection or anything out of the ordinary it healed up nice. Yesterday I tried to put my tongue ring back in to see if it was completely closed and i was able to put the ring in almost completely but it would go all the way through so I just took it out and rinsed my mouth with mouthwash. Today i was able to get the ring all the way through without repeircing it, there is not much swelling at all and very little pain. Seeing as how I had it pierced before. But I just noticed that there was a small amount of yellow puss like liquid coming out of it, I don't think it's infected but i want to be sure. I'm still rinsing with mouthwash anytime I eat or drink anything other than water and Everytime I smoke. And like I said it includes minimal swelling and pain. And feedback will be appreciated!!! Thank you :)

Generally,yellow or white puss is good, it means you're healthy. Black or green puss... Seek a doctor.

try using salt water instead of mouthwash, I know it seems like the right thing to do but it's not. When you kill all bacteria, you actually kill the good bacteria that's helping it heal. You want bacteria... Not an infection... So go with salt water and let your body do the rest. 

Also, if you must smoke, do so at a minimum for six to eight weeks until it heals.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Normal salt? Or does it have to be sea salt or non iodized?

sea salt or sea slat spray is usually best, what type of ring are you using in it?