i got my belly button pierced last week and it started hurting yesterday. its been red and it hurts pretty bad. ive been washingit every day 3 times a day but today i noticed that white stuff came out when i moved the top part of the ring. and ive soaked it in salt water and left a hot wet rag on it.

is it infected???
should i take cephalexin??

I have a belly button piercing too, and when I first got it, I'm pretty sure it got a little infected. Same as when I got my ears pierced. It was red and pus oozed out a little bit, but whatever it was, it was under control soon enough. Your case sounds more serious. 

If you are really in pain, please consult your doctor and ask if you need antibiotics. In the meantime, stop soaking it in water so much and just clean your belly button piercing with a disinfectant wipe twice a day. Leave it to breathe by wearing loose clothes, and see if it gets better. 

I got mine peirced about a week ago, its supposed to be red. and i was told to only clean it 2 times a day, cleaning it anymore than that won't make the piercing heal any fast, Also yellowy white stuff will come out of the piercing its like puss, its stuff that comes out of the body to heal the piercing, I was also told to not keep the piercing wet, once washed with salt water [sea salt] you must dry it, or you will get a red bump and apparently the bump is not easy to get rid of.

Hi whoa slow down there is your problem you should only wash it once a day in the shower and after that don't touch it or let anyone else touch it and this is very normal I have had mine for 9 months now and at the beginning it was like that so only clean it once a day and your over cleaninging it and that strips away the healing time so for your best interest only clean it once a day in the shower every day 7 days a week and don't put anything else on it and don't use a towel to dry it only use a paper towel and lightly dab it dry this will help it heal quicker I hope this helps