I need to go to do cardiac catheterization test. I must to admit that I’m little worried because I heard few really bad stories about it. My friend had a very large hematoma after cardiac catheterization and it was a really big problem. Tell me how safe is this test?

Well, you should know that any test involving the heart and blood vessels has risks. But complications after cardiac catheterization are rare. However, sometimes vessels along the tract of the catheter can also be injured, causing bleeding and hematoma formation. Don’t worry, doctors know how to deal with these problems effectively.

Hello there Adriano,

As Ronald has already said this procedure like any other procedure which is related to the heart has its own risks. Of course every invasion into our organism is a trauma for our body and it is completely normal that you are afraid and especially if you have been listening tales about cardiac catheterization gone wrong.

I would suggest you to stop do research online about cardiac catheterization and just try to relax as much as possible. Stress is not good for anyone and it can only make certain things even more complicated.

For all additional information you should ask your doctor because he will give you the best information and most reliable one. Good luck and keep us posted.