Hello everyone.

I need to start one more topic because I can tell you that I am very furious.I really don't want to bother you with all my problems, because I have a lot of them, but my dad just made me crazy today. He is sick and he is having a bunch of diseases. He is taking more than 13 medications and still he is acting like a kid. Today mom told me that he refused cardiac catheterization. I am not sure, but I believe that this is not good! Can you tell me is it smart move to refuse cardiac catheterzation? 

Good day there. Why he did that? Do you even have any info? Here is what can I tell you - if doctor recommended him cardiac characterization, that is definitely not a smart move. And I can see that he is having a lot of problems with his health. That is why I am almost 100 percent sure that is not a smart move. Do you have any influence on him? Can you talk to him about this? Maybe he is depressed with all those diseases that he is going through, but that is not a reason that he needs to refuse it. You need to find the way to talk to him or at least with his doctor.

Good day everyone. I am not sure why did he refuse to have it.

His possible heart condition can be much more dangerous than the radiation exposure he can get during an angiogram or a classic CT scan. That is why I believe that he needs to do it. And as far as I know this procedure is not dangerous, a lot of people don’t even realize that they have started with this procedure. You can feel only some pushing in the groin and then your doctor is going to turn away fiddling with his monitor. After a minute or couple of seconds more, everything is done.

He needs to have it.

Good day there.

Unfortunately I am sharing my opinion with all of you and I believe that this is the worst option he could choose. Sometimes I think that all that he wants to do is to scare my mom and me. And so far, he is doing great!

I was talking with my mom today and she told me that he is scared because he doesn't know that much about this procedure. He doesn't know what they are going to do with him, so if you please can tell me something about it, just to calm down my mom. 

I can answer to your last question – what cardiac catheterizationis. Well, cardiac catheterization or heart cath (a lot of people will use this term), is the insertion of a catheter into a chamber or vessel of the heart. I believe that this procedure is done very quickly. Actually, this is done both for diagnostic and interventional purposes. Subsets of this technique are mainly coronary catheterization, involving the catheterization of the coronary arteries, and catheterization of cardiac chambers and valves of the cardiac system. Like someone already told you, this is the procedure that you won’t even be able to feel. It is not a good idea to refuse it.