Hi. I constantly have the urge to urinate. When I finally do, the flow is very weak. I want to pee, and when I do, there are only few drops. I don`t feel any pain. What is going one?

Hi. I had the same symptoms. However, I was feeling pain when urinating. It was like a burning sensation. I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection. My doc gave me Bactrim and after 2 days of treatment all of the symptoms were gone. I had to continue with the treatment, because the symptoms disappear, but the infection is still present for a while. Symptoms of UTI are frequent urge to urinate and a painful, burning sensation while doing it. Some people feel tired and washed out. Other feel no pain.

You DEFINATELY have a Urinary Tract Infection. I have the same exact symptoms. My doctor said it doesn't always come with pain, but if you let it go too long you will. And it can cause infertility. It's as easy as goin to the doctor, getting on an antibiotic, and within a couple days you should feel better, and have less of an urge to urinate.

its a possibility you have a UTI, however there are around 38 other major illnesses that can cause urination urge like yours. I have had a similar problem for 2 years now, i have been to 11 general practitioners and 4 hospital consultants, had many tests, and still have no diagnosis.

I have exactly the same thing, but it's not a UTI, and the Dr. hasn't been able to discover what's wrong. It doesn't burn or sting like cystitis. It's just always being desperate, and having a very weak flow. I wish someone would fix me :-(

I have the same exact problem.. about a year ago i had a UTI, but they my Dr. thought i had bpth UTI and bladder infections so he treated me for a UTI. I am now experiencing the same sypmtoms except i do not have pain. it does not hurt when i do go to the bathroom, im very gassy and the symptoms come and go.. (No im not pregnant) when i have the symptoms i have to sit in a chair and i have to sleep in a chair i can not lay flat bc the feeling of having to "go" is very strong. my doctors do not know what it is. but im tired of feeling like this.. when i have the symptoms. i drink lots of Grape fruit juice and cranberry juice that usually makes the symptoms stop.

I am not a Dr or a medical authority but I do have a chronic illness called Interstitial Cystitis or IC for short. It is a disease of the bladder that can seem like a uti but with no infection. Most with this disease find it takes about 5years and 5 or more Dr's to find a diagnosis. If you want to research more about this condition google Interstitial Cystitis, you should find sites such as IChelp.org and ICnetwork. If someone does have IC drinking cranberry juice and eating or drinking acidic foods is the worst thing you can possibly do. Many Dr's are not familiar with this disease but it is very real and very dibilatating. Many of us that have it are considered disabled. It can occur with other illnesses such as Vulvodynia (sensitivity to the outer vaginal area and other problems including pain with sitting)

IC symptoms include but are not limited to and you don't have to have all of them to have IC

frequency
urgency
pain in the suprapubic region
weak stream
painful or burning during urination
pain when sitting or standing
pain can lessen when you urinate

Anyone that thinks they might have this illness please don't give up unti you find someone to help you. Usually it is a urologist or a gynecologist, however most urologist are surgeons and are not interested in treating IC, most gynecologists tend to think it is a reproductive problem, it is not. This is a urologic disorder. There are many specialist in the country that treat this disease. Also there are several books that can help. The best one to read if you think this might be what you have is The Interstitial Cystitis Survival Guide by Dr Moldwin.

IC can be diagnosed by symptoms alone, a Potassium Sensitivity Test or a procedure called a Hydrostention under anesthesia. A urologist that uses a scope in office without anesthesia on someone with IC will cause severe pain and see what looks like a perfectly healthy bladder. This procedure must be done under anesthesia in order to diagnose IC.

Good luck and I hope this helps someone out there. Just remember if there is no infection but it feels like a UTI it very possibly could be IC. It is your body, you know if something is wrong, don't let anyone tell you it is in your head. Keep going until you find answers and relief. No one should live in pain and suffer without understanding and help. Unfortunately many with this disease go untreated for far too long.

Good luck

i have the same problem as you but the urge to go is when im sitting down and when i stand up it goes away. i have not gone to a doctor though and i dont know what i should do i am only 16 feel free to post something im going to be checking this page any advice is greatly appreciated

Anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

I have exactly the same symptoms, and also, I will be 16 in two weeks. I have looked everywhere and cant find a definitive answer, I am going to book a doctors appointment ASAP

I have the same problem and I think it has been brought on by stress; certainly it gets worse in even slightly stressful situations. I'm fairly sure what I am suffering is not an infection as it comes and goes - generally it's worse when I'm at work or in a situation where I panic if there is no toilet, like on the train.

If anyone knows of an effective, quick solution - other than never leaving the house - please post it.

:-(

All these posts seem to be from women so i want to mention that as a male, we get them as well. The problem blindsided me when I woke up one morning with all these symptoms and was shocked and embarrassed not knowing what it was or how I could have gotten it. Apparently this is quite common although a first for me. I've had the symptoms for 4 days now before I decided to do some info searching because I thought (hoping) it would go away. I f ound this link to Dr. Maggie Ney as well as read info on many sites and the symptoms and treatments and many of them refer to staying away from sugars, take vitamin C, Zinc and unsweetened cranberry juice. (it's bitter so mix with something flavored (OJ??) and drink plenty of fluids. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hope this helps.

i also have uti. sometimes the burning sensation is strong and i had to pee slowly in order not to feel the pain.
however its been days now and my meds already used up and still i have the urge to pee and the burning sensation is still there....

.suhaila ☆彡

will it might be pregnancy?

I recently had a UTI, and was medicated for it by the painkillers (unsure of the name) and the antibiotics. Well, me being as disorganized as possible, I have finished the painkillers by my 3rd day on the meds, but then stopped all meds because I figured since my urine habits were back to normal. About two days later, I woke up and felt that stinging in my bladder and I immediately went back on my antibiotics. Another two days have past and the symptoms haven't lessened. I am really worried, but unsure of what my problem is! This is my third time having a UTI and am nervous that it may be an issue to my bladder. Any help?

I also suffer from this, it is pretty much ruining my life. I am close to never leaving the house. I dont think there is a quick solution. Tell yourself postive things everyday, I am trying the last few days to hold it longer, a few mins to start with then build up. I started a class to help manage the stress and panic attacks. Raising your confidence helps. But i have realised that you need to face a fear and push your self. It is easier said than done but little steps .