Hi all.... Ever since I hit puberty I've had acne problems. It is nothing major but very annoying and bothersome. Back in high school I went to a dermatologist who put me on retin-A and antibiotics but I was very impatient with it and finally I quitted. But I'm 20 now and I've been thinking about it a lot. I would really like to finally get rid of them. Has anyone had any good experiences with medicines for this purpose? One of mine friends recommended me benzacline – is it any good???

I’m afraid I have to say that I am pretty disappointed in the dermatology. I was prescribed Benzacline, Differin gel, and tetracycline and almost nothing helped me. Actually, I had an allergic reaction to the Benzacline, the one your friend recommended you. It first swelled up my face, and then left me with a chemical burn. It's taken me a few weeks to heal, and even now my skin has a horrible gray color!!! So, when I sum everything, I don't think I will be going back on anything similar - I'd rather live with the acnes. But, of course, that is my experience – I know many other girls that had much better ones. Good luck.

I have had acne since high school and i am now 28. My main problem now is the scarring. I have tried Benzacline, it worked ok, i don't break out like i use too. But since the scarring appears without a breakout I went to the dermatologist i saw when i was in high school. He prescribed Tri-Luma Cream. And told me to use the Benzacline during the day and Tri-Luma at night. I am also impatient who isn't. It works ok, the scarring isn't fading as fast as I want. Maybe you can try that. Although I got a prescription for Tri-Luma I see you can buy it online. My prescription cost $146.00. But on the Tri-Luma sight they have a questionaire that you can fill out for a $25.00 rebate. But I'm going to buy online next time. Let me know if this helps.

I have used Benzacline and now that I have insurance again I am going to use it again! It sounds like it works for different people. I have a very oily complexion in the T-zone and have moderate acne. I think benzacline is awesome, it made my face so clear I absolutely loved it. The only downside is I bleached a couple of face towels, but to me that's worth it. Also, it does dry out the skin, but as long as you follow with Cetaphil or Aquaphor it's not too bad. It's a little dry during the day, but barely. Totally worth it!!!

I found Tri Luma on a website for $125.00. They shipped really fast and you don't need a prescription. I find it works really good as I have dark spots. I also ordered some Retin-A from them the 0.05% and it has helped my acne alot. You might want to check them out as their prices are much cheeper then alot of other websites that offer acne creams and Tri Luma. They also have Differin and Renova if you are into those creams. http://beautifulskinnow.webs.com/ordernow.htm