For a month and a half, every time I drink water my throat tightens. It is only water that makes my throat tighten and it doesn't matter what type of water it is (bottled or tap) it still has the same effect. I've asked an online doctor and they suggested it could be dysphasia, but I've researched it and all the suffered seem to struggle to swallow and swallow food - I only struggle to swallow after I've drunk water. I would go to the doctors but my parents don't think it's 'enough' to go to the doctors. Please help!

I am having the same issue. Other liquids do cause slight irritation, but water is the absolute worst. My instinct says it's a chronic seasonal allergy issue, but with no other symptoms I just cannot be sure. Not to mention it simply makes no sense that just plain water of all things is such a trigger! I hope someone has some info for us.