I think I need to start to take something to boost my immune system. For last four months I was ill few times and I want to do something about that. Friend told me that echinacea is rich in vitamins and minerals and that I should use it. Can somebody tell me is echinacea effective in boosting the immune system?

Yes. Echinacea is the most common herb which is used for boosting the immune system. Also it’s great for combating any kind of infection. Echinacea increases production of an antiseptic and antimicrobial called interferon and it increases the number of white blood cells available to destroy bacteria and slow the spread of infection in the body.

Absolutely!

Echinacea offers a great immune system boost, because it gives you vitamin A, E, and C, as well as idione, potassium, and a bunch of other great things your body needs to stay healthy. Now, is echinacea a 'cure all"? Not exactly. It definitely doesn't meet all your vitamin and mineral needs. Stinging nettles come closer to doing that. Thankfully, you don't need to choose just one herb to boost your immune system! If you drink green tea every day, have a nice mint lemonade every once in a while, use ginger and garlic in your cooking, and add some Manuka honey to the mix when you need it, you're well on your way to being a lot healthier than most people are.