Hi, folks. I have a weak immune system and I would like to improve it. My friend suggests me taking dietary antioxidants. I would like to know if anyone had bad experience with these substances. This piece of info will mean a lot to me. I would really appreciate all your sincere replies. Bye!

Hello, there. As far as I know, dietary antioxidants are excellent for strengthening your immune system. But this is valid if you don’t exaggerate. Long term effects of taking antioxidants are still unknown. Like any drug, they can cause allergic reactions. My cousin was allergic to vitamin E. She took a product that contained this vitamin and she had serious consequences. If you use any medication, you can have interaction with antioxidants. It would be best to consult with your doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

With all immune boosting supplements it is best to take them for short periods only as your body could become dependant on them for its normal level of immunity.
Dietary antioxidants are great to take during the winter months or when you start feeling a bit down.
I would recomment taking a Black Elderberry Supplement as this fruit has been proven to have more antioxidants than any other fruit and is better for you than echinacea and others like that.
It is always best to check with your doctor befor starting any supplement to check that it is safe for your use as micah says, some people have allergies they are not even aware of.