Hello, folks. My friend has been discovered some rare disease called Fuchs dystrophy. This sounds serious to me. Is this condition inheritable? I would really like to know this. This piece of info will mean a lot to me. Thanks to all who reply my post. I will appreciate it. Bye!

Hi, there. I have heard about Fuchs’ dystrophy. It is an inherited condition. The exact cause is unknown. It represents the deterioration of the endothelium of cornea. This condition if not treated, can lead to blindness. Signs and symptoms usually appear after the age of 50. I hope your friend will be all right. Good luck to him. Bye!

I came across your post in a google search and joined so I could reply to you. Fuch's Corneal Dystrophy is hereditary and not so rare. I have it. There is no cure except for corneal transplant which is not so bad as you probably think. I have had them in both my eyes and now see 20/20 in the left, 20/25 in the right [with glasses]. I would steer you and your friend to the corneal dystrophy foundation. cornealdystrophyfoundation.org/