Hmm, I was diagnosed with Fuchs corneal dystrophy and the doctor told me that for now there is no need for any treatment, but there might be a possibility of the surgery in future. Is that really the only available solution? What is this condition anyway? How did I get it? Is it hereditary?

One of your parents most definitely had this condition although it never progressed to the phase when the symptoms occur. As for the treatment, there is no medication that will help you with this. Actually, the only efficient way to end this condition is a cornea transplant. Until then, all you can do is use muro eyedrops. And that’s it.

Diagnosed with Fuchs Dystrophy years ago and had transplants of both eye's endothelium cell walls. Eyes good now no probs.

I will need surgery in 12 months, so I am searching for the "best" surgeon. Who did your surgery? Jim Kelly. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use