Hello, I would like some help regarding my eye problem. The doctors are not actually sure what is wrong with me; they say that it is either some sort of retinal dystrophy or AMPPE. I kind of understand what is retinal dystrophy but I am not sure at all about AMPPE, the doctors could not tell me much either.

I suppose it is because of the fact that it is not a common condition, actually it is very rare and the definite cause has not yet been identified, although they guess it has something to do with problems in the central nervous system. The good thing is that it AMPPE patients do recover in a high percentage (80%), so that should calm you down a bit.

I dont know about recovering ,,, life sucks when I cannot recongnize people ,,, and I read very slow I am 20/200 at best with migraines ,,, I have some one typeimg for me now ???? what ta do my great looks can only get me so far !!!

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking AMPPE stands for acute multifocal placoid pigment epitheliopathy. I am not sure if this condition happens to often. However there are several things that characterize this condition. If you have this you will have headaches, numbness in arms and legs and in some cases feeling of clumsiness. Also I know that well-demarcated serous retinal detachment may develop in the posterior retina and rarely located anterior to the equator. So as you can see there are few thing that you can notice if you have this condition. My advice is to be patient with doctors and they will find what is really causing your problems.

Best wishes,
Marco

Hi i have the same problem of Amppe its been 2 yrs they detected this problem and it dint improve my eye sight at all.I have this problem only in my left eye so i am managing.But is there any treatment anyone got across.Please do let me know.