Hey everybody I have been running for about a year and have worked my up to about 7 miles per run at a 9min per pace. I want to run the Gateway Half Marathon and was just wondering if 13.1 may be too long for me to run. I checked out the website of the race and it does say it is walker friendly, but I would really like to run the entire race. Any suggestions, advice, or feedback would be appreciated.

If you're running 7-miles each time you go out, you can definitely over the next month start cranking a couple of those days up a mile or two and then an even longer one on the weekends. You shouldn't run the same thing each day. Get yourself into a hard/easy routine and 2-3 days of the week, 3-4 miles is enough. Then when the following day is 6-8, you'll be ready. And on the weekends, go 9-12. Come race day, the 13.1 won't have to end in a walk.

ps.. if you tell yourself you 'can' walk, then you will. Plan on not walking and odds are much better you won't.

It sounds like you have a pretty solid base established. I think you should find a training program that fits you -- goals, schedule, etc. -- and go for it.

Personally I really like the half marathon distance. It requires training, but obviously not as much as a marthon. I've used a 3-day per week program from Runner's World that I like. I've also used some of Hal Higdon's programs which are good.

Good luck!