My coworker's skin has recently been glowing and blemish free... I should know, we sit next to each other and I see her up close all the time. In the end I asked what her secret was and she shared that she applies honey to improve her complexion. I had never heard this before and wouldn't have thought it would work if I had read it somewhere but I know that it works thanks to seeing it in action.

Does anybody here use honey to improve your complexion and if so which honey and exactly how? I want a slice of this action!

Most people who use honey prefer Manuka honey, which has special healing properties. (The honey, from New Zealand, has become so much of a hype that the market is now flooded with fake Manuka honey unfortunately, meaning you may pay a premium for something you could have gotten much cheaper.) Honey masks, often combined with lemon, are popular. It can be used as spot treatment for acne also, and some people simply wash their skin with honey for cleansing and improved complexion.

This is definitely a very interesting new trend. Honey does kill bacteria, which play a large role in the development of acne.

Celebrity

I am big into natural skincare (though always learning more and by no means an expert - who is?) and have been using honey and lemon masks, which I am quite sure PINK learned about from me, for a good while now. I do not use Manuka honey since I prefer cheaper options. It works well anyway. My skin, which is naturally dry, feels very soft and clear after such a mask.

I have never tried washing my skin with honey though I do use the oil cleansing method, but I will be reading more about that. Thanks for giving me something to look into, PINK.

Rosie

Honey is great for the skin! You can find all kinds of honey-based commercial products now, but what I do is very simply dabbing honey on the areas of my face that I feel need improving, whether I'm dealing with dry patches or a pimple or something like that. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes like a face mask, then wash off. That's all there is too it. Who needs commercial products when nature has be best on offer already? Amazing stuff. (It does take some getting used to putting it on your skin, I'll say that, but stick with it! Pun intended, hahaha.)

After reading about the benefits of honey masks on this forum, I decided to give this a try for myself, using, mind you, the honey I had available in my fridge. I was afraid of using that sticky stuff straight on my skin, but it changed texture some when I mixed it with lemon. My skin felt nice and soft after using the mask, but it was still quite hard to get everything off plus there were no magical changes or anything. Overall, I am not sure if I am up for a repeat performance. It was OK but I was not blown away by the effects of this honey mask.

Alrighty just for you, some cool ways to use honey for skincare and bodycare:

• Mix it with coconut oil to make a deep cleanser for the pores. You basically just rub it in and wash it off.
  • Apply as a spot treatment to, well, spots :). Leave for 20 min and wash off, 'cause you obviously don't wanna go out like that.
  • Mix with sugar to make a scrub, which is also good for the legs as well as the face.
  • Just add a couple of spoons of honey to your bath. Really. It's not icky. You won't know it's there in terms of consistency of the water and you'll feel soft and smell nice afterwards.

I've used honey and it was great! It makes your skin look so pretty! It can also cure acne. Honey is also really good for your hair. Honey can help diabetes. It also cures sore throats. My brother used honey to fix his sore throat and it worked! It can cure coughs. If you have honey before bed it helps you sleep well.

Honey is great for when you have scars.

Well, I have mild acne and uneven skin tone and it seemed like whenever you look for something good for the skin you come across the recommendation to just use honey, especially Manuka honey but actually any honey. Being intrigued, I tried honey masks on a regular basis for about a month, once to twice every week, hoping that in the end I would see the benefits that everyone was talking about. No matter how often I repeated this process, my skin stayed the same. OK, it felt soft after washing the honey off, but that's it. No improvement in my pores or acne. Nothing like that. I used just normal honey not Manuka by in my opinion honey as a skincare product is more hype than wonder. Way overrated.