Hi everyone,

This is not the first time that I am having dry cough and I just want to see if people have some sort of tricks to deal with it, there have to be some home remedies which I obviously know nothing about and which should be good to get instant relief from dry cough. I've tried some medical syrups and stuff, some medications but nothing really helped me, at least not instantly, I want something that I might have at home which could give me an instant relief. Please tell me about your small little tricks for this matter, please.

Hey Guest,

I usually use honey as a dry cough treatment. It seems to work great for me, I take like one spoon of honey when I wake up, another one shortly after lunch and one more before dinner. I have also heard that Licorice root tea is good for this matter and so is gargle salt water. I haven't tried these two but people seem to be quite satisfied with them. And one more thing: I have no idea why but steam seems to be extremely helpful with cough, so taking a steamy bath can actually help you a lot.

Have you tried garlic? I don't know why but I've heard before that garlic is the best and the healthiest thing that you have in your home so I gave it a try once and it worked great for my dry cough (I am hoping that you are not allergic to garlic, if that kind of allergy even exists). I don't know about the other things, once I had a really bad dry cough, a friend of mine told me that I can use apple vinegar to treat it, to just put like 2-3 tea spoons of vinegar in about 300 ml of water and drink it.

One thing that worked for me was sugar, I don't know why does it work actually but my grandma used to prepare this when I was a kid and it would always give me an instant relief from dry cough.

You need to heat up sugar until it becomes kind of liquid and then you just pour milk in it. It will have a sweet taste, kind of like chocolate milk, but it is extremely good for dry cough. You can give this a try and I want to know if it worked for you, although I think that this can help everyone.

Hi.

I really haven't heard that garlic can help. But, who am I to tell? Just because I have never tried it doesn't give me a right to tell what is good or not.

So, I know about several home remedies that actually helped me fighting against a dry cough.

I was always using honey because that is the "recipe" that my grandmother gave to me and it really helps. A lot. So, one spoon of the honey first thing in the morning sounds like a great option.

Also, you can mix honey with a hot milk and drink it. It also helps. 

Good afternoon. I vote for ginger. If you haven't tried it yet, you should. Anyway, using ginger every morning is good for your immune system, so you should not be scared. I do know that a lot of people are scared because they believe that ginger can do something bad for them. That is not true. Ginger is a cure for almost anything. So it is good for a dry cough as well. Here is how you should use it.
Cut a ginger into small pieces and crush them totally. After this, add it to water and start boiling. Once cooled off, you should take it at least thrice a day for dry cough relief. It tastes a little bit weird, but it is ok.

Yes, ginger is really good option even if I don't like how it taste, like many of other people as well. 

Anyway, you can also rub your chest with ginger oil. I have heard that this helps as well. Salty water is also very helpful. I remember that one day I didn't have anything in my house and my grandmother (of course) told me to try with salty water. You can leave it to boil or you can just put simple water, without doing nothing with it. Add one small spoon of the salt and drink it. This dry cough will just go away. 

Nice remedies out there. But visiting your doctor must be the best and most effective remedies in this case. Anyway, until you do that you really should find a couple of ways to do to make this better. Marshmallow root also helps because it can be very effective remedy like all others that you wrote in here. It is good because it also protects your mucous membrane tissue and saves it from further damage. Here is what you can do to be more effective than usual. Steep about 3 grams of dried marshmallow leaves in a cup. Add some hot water and leave it there for 10-12 minutes. After that, strain out the herb and drink the solution for pain relief. Drinking 3 cups of marshmallow tea. Tell me your feedback about this.

Hello. Garlic helped me a lot. Also, honey with milk is something that you should take as your number one option. It always helps. I also remember that my mom used to have me hot milk with caramelized sugar. It is some old medicine that people on the Balkan are using and at the beginning, I was really skeptical. I know that it is sweet and that this must taste good, but I don't think that milk and sugar can help. I was thinking about this until I haven't tried it. Once I did, I need to tell you that this became my remedy number one. All others from here are good, I have tried almost all of them - but nothing like milk with sugar. It helps and it tastes good. Anything better than that?