Hi there,

Can you help me with something? I am a middle age woman (I'm not going to say how old, haha) who is suffering from an aging skin with impurities. My complexion is also sallow and I have circles under my eyes. You can definitely say I look my age, not my shoe size. I came across an article on the internet but I don't quite remember what it said, but it mentioned using honey and oil to improve your skin. Now I would like to know if it would be a miracle boost for my skin to do anything like that, and if so, how do I go about it?

I really hope you can help me, and looking forward to seeing your answers.

I've only used it once so far after a friend recommended it to me. I used clover honey and left it on for a full 30 minutes. Then washed it off. I highly doubted that it would do anything marvelous for me when I put it on, but well, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my skin not only looked calmer and fresher but also younger. So yes, to make a long story short, a honey mask will improve your complexion radically and I am sure I will be using it again very soon.

My tip is to mix pure lemon juice straight from a lemon together with honey. That takes a lot of the stickiness out of it, plus lemon also has pore closing properties that you will benefit from a lot. I used to have breakouts that showed up a week before my period in a very predictable pattern. Now those are mostly gone except for the occasional zit here and there, but nothing like it used to be. I use the mask three times a week and I would suggest the same to anyone who wants to look clean and clear.

Absolutely!

Honey masks will do lots of things for your skin. Yes, they are going to improve your complexion dramatically, but they will also fight beginning wrinkles, open pores, and help with acne. Best of all, it is cheap and easy to do at home. Also try adding some honey to your bath water to get those benefits to the rest of your body.

So, here's the way to make your very own honey mask.

1. Use half a lemon, a spoonful of organic raw honey (that's important), and mix it up in a small and very clean bowl.
2. Steam your face with hot water over another bowl, with some essential oil like lavender and a towel over your head so the steam goes to your face.
3. Apply the mixture you made earlier to your face, using the spoon you mixed it with. Don't worry, it won't be too sticky thanks to the lemon, which will also give your skin some much needed vitamin C. Leave it in for 15 minutes.
4. Wash your face with warm water only. When clean, follow up with cold water to shut your pores. Then, pat dry with a clean towel. Leave your skin naked to breathe the rest of the evening, apply a skin oil such as argan before you go to bed.

Works wonders!

I LOVE HONEY MASKS!!!

I don't say that lightly. As other posters before me already said, adding lemon is a great way to give your skin that extra antioxidant boost and to get the honey to a consistency that you can easily apply it to the skin. Parsley is another ingredient I personally like to add. This is thought to fight acne and impurities, and I just blend it with a tiny bit of water. Lemon on its own will dry your skin badly, but in combination with raw organic honey and parsley, it is very good.

Celebrity

This thread made me really quite curious about the benefits of honey for the skin in general, so I did some searching. I had already heard (from an article on this site, I think) about the benefits of honey for skin infections. I did not know why it would be any good for general skin care though. 

This is what I found out:

Honey collects moisture and keeps it locked inside — that means that if you suffer from dry skin, honey will help you with your dry patches. If you have oily skin, on the other hand, you may be trying to overcompensate by using products that dry the skin out too much. Honey comes in handy if you are one of those people as well, for the same reason. 

Because honey is an antioxidant, it will make your skin look radiant and prevent aging and wrinkles. And of course, because of its anti-infectious function, it will help with acne and scarring as well. 

I do think the type of honey you use matters. When doctors use honey to fight wound infections (as they increasingly are, as I read) they use some special honey. That is probably what you need for the skin as well, but I am not sure on that count yet. Does anyone else know? I am certainly going to try this out, I am just not sure what kind of honey to use yet, nor what other ingredients I should add to a skin mask. I am interested in finding out whether it is good for other parts of the body as well. 

So the weather's been horrendous and my skin's looking a little worse for wear. It doesn't help that I'm working my head off these days, and barely have time for any self care or relaxation. I only realised just how bad I looked when I took a selfie this afternoon in the office, and my skin just looked so much worse in the pic than in the mirror, you know? I'm now thinking I'll give myself a bit of a honey mask in a little while... got honey in the house, think I got some lemons too, so that sounds perfect. I just hope I manage to do it all without making an enormous mess 'cause I'm really good at that kinda thing, hahahaha. 

Here is an overview of the ways in which honey (not necessarily in mask form) can benefit your skin and hair:

- HAIR: use lemon juice, a few raw eggs, and honey to make a hair mask. Leave it in for 15 minutes and wash it out. Your hair will be shinier, look thicker than before, and feel soft and healthy. You can do this about once every two weeks to maintain the effect. If you have hair you don't want, you can also make a DIY wax with equal parts honey and sugar and a dash of lemon juice. Use a cloth strip to remove the hairs after applying warm (not burning hot) wax to your skin.
- SKIN: Rose oil and honey are a potent combination to make a mask that fights face blemishes. If you have an emerging pimple, try a cinnamon honey mixture for directly on the pimple, and it will go away. If you experienced sun burn (or other kinds of burn like pouring hot coffee over your skin accidentally) just pure honey on the skin will fight the burn and help you heal more quickly.

Honey is a wonderful ingredient for all kinds of home made cosmetic products!!!