These past few days I've had a sore,swollen throat and a dry cough. But the thing is it's only at night when I'm trying to sleep. I woke up an hour ago after 2hours of sleep with a bad cough and a very sore throat. I couldn't fall back asleep because I was coughing all the time. I tried to take some coughmedicine but it didn't work. Then I sat down my the computer and slowly but surely all my symptoms have started to fade away. now I only have a swollen throat that hurts when I swallow but the cough is completely gone.

darn, I have this now, its 2am... I have a itchy and swollen tonsils, sore throat, and a dry cough. Cough syrup doesn't help at all. I don't know what I have but I may have to go to the doctor tomorrow.

Guest wrote:

really irritating, isn.t it, especiallly the night-time tickly cough. I have found in the past that benelyn for dry-cough night time formular to be excellent. I started with a soar throat tickly cough yesterday and i dread the night so im going to my local superstore to get the above cought tinc.. Im hoping the formular hasnt changed,and if it hasnt I might just wake once around 3-4am to take another dose. Just be aware that it can make you feed drowsy. My son swears by lemon,honey ginger and hot water. Tried that yesterday but didnt do much for me. Hope you get better very soon.