My daughter just turned 2 years, month ago and she suffers from mild cold. She is not coughing often but when she does I can hear that there is phlegm. She wakes up during the night and she doesn't want to play with kids...she is moody because of this. Please tell me what natural remedies for cold and cough are. I don't know what a safe is for her because of her age.

I know some natural remedies from my grandma for cold and cough. I remember she was giving me but I can't tell how old I was. Ok, here they are: onions are good for cold, they should be crushed, and the juice of one lemon added to it, and then one cup of boiling water poured on it, also a teaspoon of honey can be added for taste. Also boil water with cumin seeds when it turns brown in color stop boiling, cool, add some honey to it and give and this helps to relieve cough

I have been told to take a bath with hydrogen peroxide (probably half of a 12 oz bottle for a little one) with 2 tablespoons of ground ginger.

* Cut a root of horse radish and smell the fumes. This should "open" your congested nose
* Mix the following ingredients and drink 2 spoons of this syrup after you've eaten your meal: lemon juice, a tablespoon of brandy and honey.
* Add a few spoons of whiskey and honey to a cup of tea. Mix it well until the whiskey sinks down to the bottom of the cup and drink it.
* Mix ginger, honey and a clove of garlic and drink it. It should be done on a daily basis until the cold is over.
* Put a bit of salt on a radish and eat it. Might not be very tasty but it's a common remedy.
* A hot water bath is very good for nasal congestion relief.
* Mix garlic oil with onion juice in warm water and drink it. If you want to make the taste better then add a tablespoon of honey to it.
* Chicken noodle soup is very good for nasal congestion.
* A green Chinese tea is known to be a common cold remedy.
* Chamomile tea is very good for fever.