Hello! My older sister has hypoglycemia. She needs to be on certain diet. She likes sports very much and she said that it’s good for her to keep exercise regularly. But I heard that too much exercise sometimes can cause hypoglycemia. Can somebody explain to me how does regular exercise help hypoglycemia?

Hi! I have hypoglycemia also. Well, people with this condition need to be very careful with exercises. They always need to check blood glucose before start to exercise. But it’s very important to do be active. Regular exercise, along with good nutrition, helps decrease body fat, which helps normalize glucose metabolism. Walking or stationary cycling is recommended.

well i just got hypoglycemia a couple of months ago and i had to eat every two hours and at one point it got to evedry two hours cause i was eating low fat cheese its as a snack and they wernt lasting much. so i desided to change my diet and eat eggs with pepers for break fast and a pear with penut butter for a snack and other stuff after that i desided i had to excercise  cause if i gained any more weight then i would get diabetic, so idid and miraculously today my sugar is lasting me 3 hours after excercising for 30 mins twice in the after noon now i dont know why that happened but im guessin is because of the excercise. so excercise might help regulate the amout of insuling that come out