A guy from work has hypoglycemia, and I would like to find out more about what that means. We have lunch together sometimes, the whole team from work, and I know that there are lots of things that this person has to miss out on. Can anyone shed any light on hypoglycemia and what the best diet is for this condition? I would appreciate any explanations.

Hello zedekiah,

So, someone you know at work has hypoglycemia.  What this means is he has low blood sugar.  Low blood sugar is dangerous in that he has low energy levels (weak), dizzy, possibly disoriented, possible blackouts.  Has your friend told you whether he is diabetic or not?  Whatever the case, this individuals should not drink alcohol.  Alcohol will make him even more hypoglycemic.  You might ask your friend what he has been diagnosed with at the appropriate time.  Beside, you might be able to help him.