My father died ten years ago after sudden cardiac arrest. I was too small to remember him but my mother told me how that’s happened. Now I started to worry that maybe it can happen to me also. I would like to know is irregular heartbeat related to cardiac arrest?

My father was also a victim of cardiac arrest but he survived. I know that most cardiac arrests that lead to sudden death occur when the electrical impulses in the diseased heart become rapid or chaotic or even both. This irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) causes the heart to suddenly stop beating.

My husband went to the Dr. with the flu. The Dr. said that he had cardio irregular. ( I wasnt there but that is what my husband said ) The Dr. told him that his body was telling him to shut down and get some rest. He didnt order a cardiogram, bloodwork or any type of tests.??? Is this something that could be a one time thing where he was sick and wore down from lack of sleep or is it something to worry about.