Hello. I'm 45 year old male and I'm pretty worried for my health right now. About a week ago I felt some numb discomfort in my chest and irregular heartbeat. Although, I didn’t consider this to be something alarming, I have contacted my brother in low who is cardiologist to check this out. He did EKG on me and determined that my heart is in pretty good shape but he noticed occasional bigeminy.
I didn’t know what this is but he told me that it isn’t anything serious. Don’t get me wrong, I trust him, but I think he maybe said this because he doesn’t want to frighten me. So, is there anyone how can tell me for real how serious this really is?

Hi. I'm middle aged man and I'm chronic heart patients. I have very weak heart and I already lived trough two mild heart attacks. In these last couple of years I've had at least 30 EKG exams and I learned few tricks about it.
I know what does this bigeminy means. By medical definition- bigeminy is one type of premature ventricular or atrial contraction. It could happen with no apparent reason but in most cases it could be sign of electrolyte imbalances, (K, Mg), hypoxia, ischemia, medication toxicity, and even acute infarction.
If your doctor evaluated that there is nothing to worry then- I would trust him. Treatment is indicated if arythmia is symptomatic.

I have bigeminy. I am going in for heart surgery friday... Don't let a doctor tell you it isn't serious

hi, i had a cousin die recently from sudden cardiac arrest. She was 35. After her death, they figured out it was caused by bijiminy... please get checked and tested further... this is a serious thing.