Hi! I had ECG. After ECG, doctor suggested me Electrophysiology. Why he suggested me EP? How is this procedure performed?

Hi! I had EP, maybe it is most important to tell you that isn’t painful. During an EP study, a specially trained cardiac specialist may provoke arrhythmia events and collect data about the flow of electricity during actual events. Studies most often are recommended for patients with symptoms indicative of heart rhythm disorders or for people who may be at risk for sudden cardiac death. The study is performed after giving local anesthesia and conscious sedation to keep the patient as comfortable as possible. EP study involves inserting a catheter a narrow, flexible tube, attached to electricitymonitoring electrodes, into a blood vessel, often through a site in the groin or neck, and winding the catheter wire up into the heart. The journey from entry point to heart muscle is navigated by images created by a fluoroscope, an x-ray-like machine that provides continuous, “live” images of the catheter and heart muscle. his procedure usually takes about two hours. The patient remains still for four to six hours afterward to ensure the entry point incision begin to heal properly.