Hello everyone. So it looks like that my hubby needs to have something that is called implantable loop recorder. I don't know what this is, when he told me I was surprised because I was pretty sure that I do know everything about any heart and heart procedures, but this one is totally not famous to me. What is implantable loop recorder and what is its purpose? That is all that I want to know and I want to know what we can expect after this procedure. I am wondering why even he order this record for my hubby. Tnx. 

Hi Aurora. I have heard about this loop recorder a couple of years ago.  An implantable loop recorder (ILR shortly), is also known as an insertable cardiac monitor. It is a small device about the size of a pack of chewing gum or maybe I can compare it with USB memory stick that is implanted just under the skin of the chest to record the heart's electrical activity. The main purpose is to record and measure your heart activities, as I already told you. This can help in the finding out some facts about how the patient heart is working. 

Hi there. The ILR monitors the electrical activity of the heart, continuously storing information in its circular memory (the "loop" of the name) as electrocardiograms (ECGs). Abnormal activity such as arrhythmia or irregular heartbeats is recorded by "freezing" a segment of the memory for later review. And the most important thing is that everything is stored, with the most recent episode replacing the oldest. Also, the ILR is a useful diagnostic tool when patients experience symptoms such as fainting, seizures, recurrent palpitations, lightheadedness, or dizziness regularly but not often enough to be captured by a 24-hour or 30-day external monitor.

Hi.

After you got this loop recorder, you are going home immediately. There is no need for you to stay in hospital. An implantable loop recorder (ILR) is a small thin device that is inserted under the skin to record the activity of your heart. That is why the doctors told him to wear it – to see is he ok, does he have any heart problems or not. The ILR monitors and records your hearts’ electrical activity in order to identify an irregular heart rhythm and it is measuring all those episodes that you are having, such as fainting,  nauseous, dizziness, etc.