Hi, I am 48 years old male and I have problem with my heart beating. From time to time I can feel that my heart is working irregularly. It is not so often but it makes me pretty nervous. I have decided to visit my doctor because of it and he told me that I am suffering from premature ventricular contraction which is very common irregularity of heart beating. He also told me if it so annoying for me that it may be corrected by laser surgery. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, my father also had laser surgery because of PVCs. These irregular heart beats very pretty often in her case and his doctor suggested to do laser operation. In her case arrhythmia was caused by unknown pacemaker which took over the role from AV knot and it caused irregular rhythm. Laser was used to make ablation of this irregular pace maker and establish regular rhythm. In such cases laser is making such operations very simple and shorten recovery periods.