Im 14 and I have depression. I cut on a regular basis and i think that the reason i do it is so that i hope someone will notice it and they will realise what i go threw. Does this make me a bad person? Basically im doing it for attention and whenever the scars start to fade i have to make new ones so that they are visible. Yes im addicted to it and i think i may also have social anxiety.

You have answered your own question; almost :-)

I hope you are having therapy to resolve your depression, if not you need to talk to a person qualified to get to the root of your problems. Do your parents aware of you self harming?

Not she doesnt know. Im not really close with my mum and i have no dad.

I forgot to say that self-harming does not make you a bad person. If you want to stop you need to go to your doctor and ask him to refer you to a specialist in that field. Posting on here will not be that much help to you.

Hi, I just wanted to add, nick the Greek is right. You are not a bad person. But you are suffering and need help, preferably from a psychologist or counsellor and yoy ate right, the cutting is, at least in part, a cry for help. I am not sure where you live. That will affect how easily you can get help without you parents input. Do you have a school counsellor you can talk to? All secondary schools have some sort of system for looking after the emotional wellbeing of their students but they are called different things in different countries. In my part of australia you would talk to a student welfare co-ordinator. You will need to find out what is available where you go to school. You may be able to go to the doctor without a parent taking you, again it depends in the medical system where you live. Going through the school will be easier as they should have systems in place to help you find the help you need, and they should do it without anyone else knowing. You won't be the first student they see facing your problems, and you won't be the last. If all else fails is there any other trusted adult woman you can talk to? A grandmother or aunt perhaps. I hope this helps

I sorta like people seeing mine too its just so they know what im really like