Hi, I'm 19.. I'll be 5 months in April..I play the bass guitar and I was wondering if it is okay to still play in the band and go to gigs and stand next to really loud speakers and really loud music.

Being pregnant and playing in a band really isn't a problem. The things you need to worry about on a stage is tripping and falling (patch cords and such), as well as the smoke in the bar you are playing at. I worked with a band throughout both of my pregnancies with my daughters, and beyond, and they are healthy and fine. A baby at 5mos however will react to loud noise, a startle reaction mostly, but with all the padding around him/her its almost better than wearing ear plugs.

thanx alot!! :-)

I think im just being a brat about everything being it my 1st pregnancy! LOL

It's totally normal! Our first pregnancies are the ones that everyone freaks out or worries over (most worry about the others but not so much). After all, it is new, and the only thing we can ever count on is people telling us their horror stories! If you ever need anything else please let me know, I'll do what I can!