Good day. It’s me again :) I forgot to ask you something about my cat because I am focused mostly on my dogs now :/

Well I think that my cat is in heat. I have a lot of pets and I was sure that I spayed her but I guess that I am wrong. I will do that but after the heat.

Now she is meowing too much. She woke me up last night and she woke up all my other pets. She is sitting on the window and meowing whole day and I don’t know how to stop it.

Do you know?

Hello. It is very hard to stop the meowing when your cat is in heat. She is crying or meowing because she is feeling miserable and she is going to be like this until she is spayed. You need to know that some cats are in heat every other week and that is pretty much stressful for both of you. Being in heat constantly is not good for your cat. So I think that the only way to stop the meowing is to spay her. As soon as possible. You can spay her while she is in heat or you can wait.

Hey there. Well, there is nothing more irritating than constantly meowing when your cat is in heat. I have experience with it and trust me – there is no way to stop it. She will meowing until you spay her. You can try some techniques with her – you can try to sing her, play with her, cuddle her all the time. But you need to keep on your mind that this will last for a couple of hours. After that she will be meowing again. I totally agree that you need to spay her, but I would do that after the heat. I did exactly the same thing :)

Hello everyone.

When it comes to this you think that meowing is unstoppable. And that is true. There is nothing much that you can do about it. You can try to play with her or let her some instrumental music, such as guitar or piano. It can have nice effect on your cat's behavior.

Sometimes for this issue you need to visit your vet. Let him know what she is doing.

But unfortunately, there is not much that you can do to stop her meowing until she is out of heat or until she is spayed.

You should think about it.

Well, I have the same problem like you do. And I don’t know what to do. Three months ago she gave a birth to three lovely kittens. But now, mama is in heat. AGAIN. And she just won’t stop meowing. She is driving me crazy and I don’t know what to do. I need to keep her inside for next month, but she is walking, jumping and running around the house all day and all night. She is meowing constantly. And that is so LOUD. I can’t sleep :/ I will definitely spay her. I hope that this will help me.

I'm sure you already got her spayed by now. I've been having issues with my now 7 month old kitten the last 2 months she started to go into heat and well my boyfriend tends to get angry and yell at her and try to scare her away which just stresses her out more and makes her meow even louder. I still have a few more weeks until her first appointment to talk about getting her spayed so until then we have to deal with the excessive meowing. But I did learn one thing from this and that is the only way to get her to stop meowing for a while is to pet her for a couple of minutes from 5-10 minutes just pet her give her a few kisses too just be supportive basically of her knowing she is miserable and can't help it after a couple minutes of petting her she will stop meowing from anywhere between 15-30 minutes at best because she'll feel less stressed out and calmer for a little while. It's not much but it seems to be the only thing that has worked so far with this issue until I can get her spayed. Yelling at the cat being upset throwing thing's at the cat just stresses them out more and will make them meow louder and more often. Just try to stay calm call the cat over to you and pet her and speak to her calmly and you should have 15 minutes to a half an hour of peace and quiet when she starts meowing again just repeat call her over pet her for a few minutes talk to her calmly. She'll be less stressed,less miserable for a little while and be quiet for a little while.

My cat was spayed and since then was in heat for two weeks, normal for two weeks, and started again a week ago. It’s relentless. She doesn’t sleep, she meows all days, rubs herself to everything all the time, crouched down offering us her bottom all the time. The vet gave us this story about possibly some cells having been left in and even said that they might not be found and that she could be like this forever. It is unbearable. She literally spends all day trying to rub her bottom against us and the Vet says she could basically be in heat for the rest of her life. She is nine months old. Can anyone help us!!!!