Hello everybody,

A month or two ago I noticed a small white bump on my left pointer finger which appears to be buried a little bit under the skin. It doesn't hurt too bad unless I poke at it or try to pop it, which I've still yet to do successfully. I still have full use of the finger and it wouldn't bother me too much, except for the fact that I'm a guitarist. Whenever I push down a string with that finger and hit the bump it hurts pretty bad.

I've been waiting for it to "go away on its own" but I'm not having much luck... A google search didn't turn back any promising results, so I'm hoping one of you might know!

Thanks so much

Have you been able to figure out what it is? I just got a little bump on my index finger too. It doesn't really hurt or itch, just when I tried to pop it. thought it was a blood blister or something but it won't pop. I've never had a wart before so i don't think its that. let me know....

i jsut got this too someone pls answer!!!!!!

wow i have it too! im also a guitarist and got this bump on my finger shorty after i started playing religiouslly. its small, translucent on the tip of my middle finger. it feel calloused over but very sensitive to touch. wtf is it?! my bf thought a planters wart but thats only on your feet, though the symptoms are the same. help help!

I have that exact same thing on my middle finger, for a few weeks now. It only hurts when I press on it, and so also when I write. I am going to see a doctor, but I have a feeling that it is going to have to be surgically removed. It is VERY tiny, about 1 mm in diameter, it is perfectly round, and it is definitely UNDER the skin. If I find anything out, I will come back here and post.

HEY so i had the EXACT same thing! it happened when i started learning to slide on the guitar, i want to say its from trauma from non stop practicing on newbie fingers, but i dont know. anyhow i couldnt TAKE it anymore and took a pair of nail clippers to the caloused skin, then started poking at it with a pin. i got it open, and a bunch of harder white stuff came out, i had to dig it out. but its gone, my finger is sore from all the squeezing so i imagine itll be healed up in about a week. i hope this helps, ive been wondering for months what it could be, cyst? abcess? calcium deposit? i knew it wasnt and infected sliver, you know when a sliver goes that deep. im so effing happy its gone!

so did that heal up-? i have one on my finger. and it is swelling.. and hurts non stop. has a lot of pressure and feels like it wants to pop.. if urs worked im going to start digging....

the same thing is happening to me 

i had the same thing it's from strumming the guitar without a pick but it should go away! :-P

omg i have that too but its on my ring finger . it hurts to type. 

Hey everybody. I know this is way late. But i stumbled across this thread and it was the only thing that i've found on the internet that explained the bump that i had on my finger. So, Im pretty sure I got this figured out and thought I would let everyone know in case anybody else stumble across this site looking for an answer.

I went to my student health center and the doctor there said that he thought it was just some foreign material that had gotten underneath the skin and caused an infection. The tiny little circular white dots on the finger tips are either tiny pus pockets around the splinter (or whatever it may be) or could be hardened solidified pus. It is my theory that as we are all guitarists, playing the guitar just aggitated the splinter or whatever it is enough to cause the little infection pus zone. (playing can be hard on fingertips expecially if there is something in there that is not supposed to be).

Anyhoo, I tried to dig out the crud on my own with an x-acto knife but was unsuccessful and it came back even more the next day. So the doc at student health dug it out and i think must've went a little deeper and actually got whatever it was that was in there. Long story short, it's a day later and feels pretty much fixed. Hope this helps someone.

I actually have this too, but on the side of the tip of my middle finger. I've had it as long as I can remember. As others said, it's hard and white and painful if I poke at it. I'm not a guitarist, so it's not related to strings. I've cut it out a few times, but it keeps coming back after a few weeks. It's driving me a little crazy because I can't figure out what in the world it is. I've had plenty of splinters and slivers before and even the infected or deep ones didn't last 30 years.

I have this as well on the side of my index finger, but mine isn't painful. It's been there for awhile now, at least a year. I'm also a guitarist and I can't even remember when it showed up. I thought it was some kind of wart but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if it's the same thing because mine isn't painful. I'm kind of afraid to dig it out and get an infection or something, but I was just doing some research to figure out what it might be. 

I'm not a guitarist but a floutist and I noticed on my pointer finger I have four very small bumps on that finger in the second joint on the palm side. You can distinctly feel them and they're a little bit itchy but also only painful if I poke at it. It is also pretty much where my finger rubs most while I play the flute so I think there's some corrilation. I have heard things like that can also be caused by the herpes virus. I don't know if that is what it is, if anyone has more info it would be appreciated. I plan to watch it a couple days and if it doesn't get better I will go to the doctor.

I'm not a guitarist but a bodybuilding and lift a lot of weight, and few months ago I had notice this small (black) bump coming up from the back of my middle finger, and when I poked, it's hurt. It's growing significantly and slowly, but start to annoying me very much, I will go to the doctor to find out what is it, but I'm pretty sure that he will say that is nothing! I will come here later to tell you.