Hi everyone, I just found out that my pancreas is producing insulin again. Is that possible. I have really been good about sticking to my diet and exercise protocol. I didn't think that my pancreas could ever work properly again. I'm wondering if this will continue. I certainly hope that it does because then I can stop taking insulin and may live a normal life again. Does anyone know anything about this?

Has anyone had this happen and did it last? Were you able to stop taking insulin? If you have, I would appreciate you sharing your story with me. That might give me some hope that I can become normal again. Thanks.

Wow, that sounds excellent. I've heard that some people have their pancreases working again especially if they had pre-diabetes. Just changing their diet and exercising properly is apparently enough to bring things back to normal. Have you gone to the doctor to find this out? I haven't had such luck but I was diagnosed late so my problem was more severe. I wish I had known about diabetes when I was younger. I know I didn't eat properly and I rarely exercised. I should have known better but it was the way I grew up. Both of my parents didn't eat properly nor did the exercise so I did what they did. I adhere to my diet religiously and exercise regularly, but my glucose levels have not returned to normal. I don't suppose there's hope for me in terms of my pancreas producing insulin again. I'm just glad that I can still maintain reasonable blood glucose levels at my age (65) so that I have some good years left. But I'm glad your pancreas is working and producing enough insulin. You must have been really happy when you heard that. That really is good news for sure. All I can say, is keep up the good work and maybe you can get off the meds. Best of luck to you.

This is the same thing that just happened to me
Mine has started working again but now it’s producing more then I need I now need to have a candy cause it drops to 70 which is ok as long as it does not go below 60