I am booked for a medical abortion on wednesday but they did say I am probably too late for it but I can try and have a scan just in case. They used the first day of my last menstrual period (18th december 2006) to work out how many weeks I am. However I know for a fact I didnt get pregnant til 31st January 2006 or later. How far gone am I really? Will the scan show that I can qualify for a medical? I'm so confused. I really do not want to have a surgical :'(

I can't be sure, I suppose you'd have to wait for the results. Now I am against abortion but I don't want you being too sad or nervous. %-) Whatever they say just keep your hopes up and I hope you have a quick recovery from any pains although the surgical is quicker.

Surgical aboriton is actually slightly SAFER than surgical.

I have had 3 aboritons, I prefer surgical abortion personally.

You can be PUT TO SLEEP, it would be painless, and over in 5 minutes. Surgical abortion that is early literally only takes 5 minutes, whereas medical abrotion can be 8 hours of hard cramping and labor type pains.

Surgical really is not that bad, for ME, medical aboriton was far worse.

The person who replied to this had THREE abortions?? I am totally pro-choice but OH MY GOD! Didn't you learn the first time?? No, you had to kill TWO more babies because your irresponsible and a sleeze!!!!

Hello, I am sorry I can not answer your question. But I just wanted to say there is always adoption. I have two adopted children and I can not thank thier Birth mom enough. She was and Is a blessing. It can be scary but every so rewarding. So I just wanted to put that out there. I hope all turns out well for you . If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

why are people using abortions as birth control!!!!!!!!! please people. being pregnant is a gift, why would you get an abortion!!!

I am in day 2 of a medical abortion using the medication mistoprotsol (cytotech)..I am not "aborting" but I have a blighted ovum in which the embryo did not become a fetus but everything else kept growing and I did not miscarry naturally.
Since this was my first pregnancy and have been trying for 4 months he said a D&C was a little to invasive for me since I would like to become pregnant again soon if possible.
But he did say that if the medication does not expel all tissues that a D&C (surgical abortion) would have to be performed.
This medication does cause severe, SEVERE cramping. My first dose started working in about two hours and quickly progressed after that. I did not take any pain medication at first so I could ensure I had done everything right and make sure it was working. My husband had to hold my head and arms that were shaking from the pain. Within 20 mintues of two Motrin's the pain turned into a mild menstral cramp that continued all day. I took my second dose of the medication this morning along with two Mortins which helped the first intense wave of cramps. I am taking Motrin throughout the day today and have a feeling similar to mild cramping all day. It's gone by the time you go to bed though (the cramps) not the bleeding. Bleeding will stop about 4 days after your last dose. I personally would say do the medical- your not as far along as you were saying and the medication will work just fine.