how long after having an abortion can i start back jogging?

Provided there were no complications, you can start jogging again as soon as you feel like it.

It is good to wait 2-3 days..But then resume activities as you feel up to it..

BUT YOU MOST likely will notice that the more active you become the more you will cramp and possibly have heavier bleeding. I did not resume strenuous exercise for 7 days, and I hardly bled at all.

You should not exercise immediately after an abortion. Your body should rest for at least 2 weeks. While you can return to work, you should not lift anything 15lbs or more at least for 2 weeks, and, if you can, you should rest as much as possible during those 2 weeks, perhaps even month while your cervix is healing. Too much walking or strenuous activity can cause muscle cramps that ibuprofen (no aspirin, no midol, these cause more bleeding) can help relieve.

I know my clinic said no strenuous or aerobic activity for two weeks. I'm sure that's just being overly cautious but I'd say at least a week and then listen to your body from there. If jogging makes you bleed heavier and get cramps then take it easy for a little longer.

2wks... nothing less, trust me... serious complications can occur from any less of a wait... not worth the hospital time. :-D

I just had my medical abortion on the 08/02/2011 on the 08/04 I was back to work feeling a lot better.After couple of days on the 08/07 I assumed that I can go run for an hour...BIG MISTAKE.My abdominal started swelling I was cramping severely and no medication helped me relieve the pain.I started bleeding really heavy and this went on for like 3 days.I was really scared that I did something really bad to myself.So girls...even if you feel better this doesn't mean that you can go back to normal exercise routine and your body takes longer to heal than you think! :)

I think this comment was unnessary. You have no idea why people get abortions.. You are simply knowledged of those who do it for selfish reasons and then harshly judge those whose stories you don't know.. Perhaps she had a medical issue like Lymes Disease and she couldn't have had a healthy baby or worse, it would have killed her in the process because her body wasnt strong enough. Perhaps her body wasnt strong enough to support a baby and would have had a baby with major birth defects.. Perhaps she had a traumatic experience such as a rape and would not like to be reminded of it. Think twice before you harshly judge.

Wtf are you talkn about?

The ignorance of ppl are amazing!

is treadmill exercise good after abortion?

is this thread still active? i had an abortion this past monday and doctor gave me no instructions as to when i can begin exercising again.. should i wait at least 5 days?

can anyone share their experience with a surgical abortion and exercise? i crossfit 5-6 days a week, and just got an abortion monday. i'm on my second day without exercise and i am dying... 

Hi Health Elite. Can you please tell me what you think? I had my surgical at 6 weeks sat 27th and I am a regular runner/lifter. I am not bleeding at all, cramping intermittently mostly at night. Since it was such an early termination and I have been lifting (gently) and walking yesterday and today, and I managed to run/jog for about 5 minutes, do you think is quite safe to ease into running for a little bit longer? I do not wish to risk clots, heavy bleeding or anything painful and uncomfortable, but I feel fine and is the only thing that really makes me happy. What do you think? With many thanks in advance for your reply xxxs

how did you get on with your exercise routine?