My friend had an abortion on 6/24/2006 got pregnant again had another abortion on 9/5/2006. Had unprotected sex on 9/23/2006 took the plan B emergency contraceptive on 9/25/2006. What are the chances of my friend being pregnant? If not pregnant how soon she expect her period.

Since she took PLAN B so soon after sex, she is protected form thats ex act.. BUT IF she had any unprotected sex earlier in the month, she could be at risk from that.

A period comes on average about 4-6 weeks after an abortion.

The PLAN B can delay a period, but usually a period happens withn about 10-12 days =)

Thanks for responding. Well my friend is really me. I did not have sex early in the month, just on 9/23/2006, but took Plan B on 9/25/2006. Since Sunday I would say, that I have been feeling really crampy like my period is going to start this feeling has been going on everyday all day. On 10/5/2006 it would have been a whole month since my abortion. I'm just worried that I didn't take the plan B soon enough to prevent pregnacy from happening. I mean it was only 3 days later. I just don't want to be pregnant again, and my period still isn't here.

then use protection... =\ even tho i didnt thats what happens you get pregnant.. =\

YOU Can PM me if you want also =)

I have had 3 abortions, I also work in an abortion clinic part time, a nicer more private one...
I do not judge anyone, or think you are horrible for having 2 abortions close together.
I MYSELF became pregnant 4 weeks after my first abortion, so I know the feeling of being unsure and kind of worried. I CANNOT use hormonal birth control, so my husband and I used barriers, but it failed.

I now have an IUD =)

You have to do what is right for you, and that is ALL that counts.

Plan B usually delays a lot of womens periods... Usually WE tell women that if they do not have a period in 14 days, that they should take a pregnacy test.

Plan B can be taken up to 5 days after sex, but it is MOST EFFECTIVE WHEN taken within 3 days... You did well!

Thanks Carifairy you have made me feel a whole lot better. So now I will just wait for my friend to visit me. My GYN did wirte me a rx for Yasmin Birth Control.

Awesome =) When your little friend visits start the pill on the first sunday after it starts and you are protected immediately.

Carifairy what is this cramping feeling that I have ? Is this normal. What would be the risk if I were pregnant and got another abortion ? Wouldn't that hurt my body insides. Would it be best if I did the Abortion pill because it's not the actual surgery ? I heard the abortion pills are more expensive then the surgery. I just really want my period to start. When I was pregnant the other two times I kept saying that I felt like my period would start but it never did. I told you that I've been having cramps since last Sunday, and still nothing. I did take the Plan B within the 72 hours. I'm scared and nerveous because what if the plan B did not work. This would be my 3rd time being pregnant since May. What would be the best way to handle aborting this ?

BOTH the ABORTION PILL and surgical abortion are equally safe, and NIETHER rip apart your insides..

YOU KNOW... Women who have miscarriages have the SAME procedure done, and many women have 2-3 miscarriages, and have more healthy children later..

When done by a skilled doctor and when you have no infections or problems, abortion is considered the safest surgery performed.

I personally prefer surgical abortion.

Your cramping could be your period coming on! Hopefully...

If you were going to have another abortion, surgical is perfectly acceptable. You can also start birth control directly after an abortion, on the next sunday.

Abortion is a very safe procedure, but obviously it is not cheap..

I would think because of me only having the abortion 4 weeks ago that if I were to have another one right away ( already have 2) my body is not healed completely. Each aobrtion that I had done my private doctor did and I ask the question could I start birthcontrol there after and each time
she told me no that I would have to wait for my next period. I knew I should of started those pills.

Carifairy I asked my doctor if I should start the Birth Control pills right afterwards each time she told me no she said that I had to wait until my period came. I just thought that having abortions back to back like that could hurt my body cause scarring. I don't something wierd. I mean if I am pregnant again ( hopefully plan b worked) I will look into the abortion clinics ( I would be to embarrased to go back to my regular doctor after just having 2 already) and see if they could do it.

Worried..MANY ABORTION clinics are VERY VERY NICE, AND THEY even offer IV sedation so the baortion is painless....

Abortion clinics are also cheaper too....

The WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION states that it is ADVISABLE to start birth control after an abortion!

ALL clinics give a free pack of birth control pills so you can start very soon.

http://www.gynpages.com

Click your state and you will see lists of clinics available.

What state do you live in? I am in North carolina.

Hello-- I am in a similar situation Worried. I had an abortion in September and have a feeling that I am pregnant again. I have been feeling crazy for the past weekb/c my breasts have been sore and have been having crapms in my pelvic region. It feels similar to how I felt in Sept. I am afraid that I'm going to have to go through this again, even after doing everything right and using protection. Reading your post and Carifari's answers is the first time that I feel some sympathy and calm. Thank you for your candidness and empathy and for making me feel like I'm not alone. I would like to know what happened to you Worried.

Hi ZOE =)

I am VERY VERY empathetic and understanding towards women who have an abortion, because I have had aboritons in my past too.

You know ZOE, I did everything right also, and I still became pregnant too.

There is nothing wrong IMO with abortion, but you will find judgemental people who just will not be nice.

YOU are not alone, there are so many women who do become pregnant even while using protection.