Hello, I would like some answers regarding my low thyroid health status. I am 37 years old and I have been dealing with hypothyroidism for almost five years now and I have to say that I have gotten used to the therapy and the new way of living. But recently I have met a friend who has the same condition and he has developed sebaceous cysts behind the ear. Is it true that sebaceous cysts can be caused by low thyroid?

As far as I know sebaceous cysts are usually caused by several conditions such as increased level of hormone testosterone, blocked secretion of sebaceous glands, even hair follicles in the process of inflammation might be the cause of that problem. It might be possible that because of the hypothyroidism some of these things happened to your friend and the cysts showed up. But, cysts can be treated easily; simple surgical excursion will get everything fixed.