I have to go on insulin but I don't want ot gain a bunch of weight.  It wouldn't be a good thing at all since I am already overweight.  Is there a way to keep from gaining anymore?  Will I have trouble getting my weigt off I have now?  Has anyone else gained weight with insulin and it made your diabetes worse? 

Hello, Guest!  I would like to let you know that you may not have any issues with gaining weight on insulin.  Just as long as you stay on your diabetic eating plan and stay active, you will keep from gaining weight, even lose weight.  People tend to gain weight when they eat more calories then they use up.  You will just need to watch your food intake by not eating items that are fried, full of sugar, or white flour.  Have you gained weight since you have been diagnosed with diabetes? If not, you should do ok on insulin. 

Is there anyone who would like to share their experiences of when you started on insulin?  Did you experience any weight gain with insulin use? 

I started on Lantus at night about 5 months ago and I never had any problem with weight gain so far.  I watch what I eat by staying away from white foods and sugar.  I also walk for 30 minutes a day and go swimming at the facility every morning.  I believe it helps with my sugars and keep the weight off.  I take cinnamon supplements because I heard that it lowers blood glucose.  I don't know if it really helps but i know they won't hurt none either.  My blood glucose stays normal most of the time but if I don't eat first thing in the morning, I will get hypoglycemia. I just watch everything closely and make sure I don't have bad glucose readings.