Hey did you hear about type 1's being refused test strips?  Something to do with Obamacare is not paying for them so type 1's have to pay for them from now on regardless of their insurance plan?  What gives???  I thought it was supposed to HELP people, not make it harder for them!

I haven't heard anything about type 1 diabetics having test strips denied by their insurance under Obamacare.  I wouldn't think that would be happening because prescription costs are supposed to be covered and type 1 diabetics cannot be discriminated against.  Where did you see this information?  Apparently you are a type 1 diabetic.  I am pretty sure you will be covered, actually, positive. 

Did you hear that on the internet? Or, like, on the news? Or... first-hand experience? I'd double-check if I were you. Even if this is the case, the lack of funds for type 1 strips may be temporary. Obamacare had and still has a lot of bugs, so they'll probably fix it eventually. I guess, all you can do is wait, and research why they don't. Does anyone out there know for sure if it's true? Plus, is it just type 1 or type 2 as well? Is anyone else noticing this problem? Hopefully, you'll get your strips soon. Good luck! 

I am certain that the test strips will be covered for anyone especially after the first of the year, 2014.  Obamacare regulations states that prescription drugs to be included so test strips should fall into that category.  I would do the research too but I don't believe anyone would be discriminated on by what type of diabetic they are.  Test strips should be covered. Has anyone else seen any other conflicting information about coverage on diabetic supplies like test strips?  Let us know where the information is as well.